Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope Case Was Renting
So Gruden thought Cousins wasn't very good, and they improved when they signed Smith last season.  Now is he thinking Case is better than both Cousins and Smith?

I do think Case can scramble and turn a broken play into something good better than Cousins, but Kirk's downfield throw abilities make up for his lack of pocket awareness.  Kirk is the better QB, but not as much as I hoped.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Good for a great guy to get paid, that's what I'm most happy about for him.

From a Redskins perspective: why? He's not a starter. He's a band-aid at best and how long is the band-aid going to cover the wound? The NFL is so incestuous. 
dont the skins have to make a real push for a future QB this year?  I have to think they will be taking one in the first round and Case is a good and cheap guy to hold the reigns while any new kid gets up to speed.

People like to downplay Case a lot. He and Captain Kirk inherited basically the same team in Minnesota. Say what you want, but I sure don’t see a huge upgrade from the $18 mil man to the $84 mil man. All I can hope is that the new offensive think tank can pull out of the Captain what 1 very good OC pulled out of Case...stay tuned...

I wish nothing but great success for Case. He is a team guy and plays his heart out. No matter how unlikely it is, I’d love nothing more than to see that guy shock the world.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
People like to downplay Case a lot. He and Captain Kirk inherited basically the same team in Minnesota. Say what you want, but I sure don’t see a huge upgrade from the $18 mil man to the $84 mil man. All I can hope is that the new offensive think tank can pull out of the Captain what 1 very good OC pulled out of Case...stay tuned...

I wish nothing but great success for Case. He is a team guy and plays his heart out. No matter how unlikely it is, I’d love nothing more than to see that guy shock the world.
will have to disagree on one major point. The guy calling the plays.
There is a reason Shurmur is now a head coach and Flip was fired mid season.  Not saying Kirk was the answer last year, but it wasn't the same team.

Quote: @greediron said:
@prairieghost said:

There is a reason Shurmur is now a head coach and Flip was fired mid season.  Not saying Kirk was the answer last year, but it wasn't the same team.
Agree Greed, and that’s why I commented about the 1 very good OC pulling everything he did out of Case. To continue on with my Viking fandom each year, hope must spring eternal each and every offseason for me, so this year I’m hitching my wagon to the Kubiak/Stefanski train and hoping for the best.

Others have been saying it, but there really almost has to be a bigger than average roster makeover this year, right?  

Quote: @greediron said:
@prairieghost said:

and offensive line play was significantly more offensive for KC than it was for CK,  Cases ability to escape was better,  but he still had an overall better line in front of him and better protection than KC did.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
So Gruden thought Cousins wasn't very good, and they improved when they signed Smith last season.  Now is he thinking Case is better than both Cousins and Smith?

I do think Case can scramble and turn a broken play into something good better than Cousins, but Kirk's downfield throw abilities make up for his lack of pocket awareness.  Kirk is the better QB, but not as much as I hoped.

Nothing in this trade indicates the Redskins think Keenum is better than Alex Smith - they don't have Smith for the first half of 2019, possibly not all year. So they just think Keenum is a better option than Colt McCoy. I thought they might pursue Bridgewater, but that seems unlikely.
If the reported terms are correct, Keenum is only valued at moving up from 7th round to 6th round (in 2020) - and the Broncos are paying half his salary this year. This trade feels awfully close to the Broncos saying, "Take him off our hands because we don't want a QB competition for Flacco"...