Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Byron Leftwich Like Athleticism

DWAYNE HASKINSQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins clocked a 5.04 forty at the Combine.That puts him in the 14th percentile among quarterbacks. The 21-year-old has never been especially fleet of foot, though this was a worse showing than many had anticipated. Haskins has reportedly run in the 4.8s and will hopefully improve on his forty time at his upcoming Pro Day. He fared well otherwise, impressing during Saturday's throwing drills while checking in at 6'3"/231. Coming off a prolific year at Ohio State, the reigning Big Ten Player of the Year has a chance to be the first quarterback drafted in April.
Mar 3, 2019, 9:56 AM

The 40 time for a QB is one if the most worthless pieces of information when you're evaluating a guy...  Phillip Rivers and Brady were slower and I doubt Big Ben or Peyton Manning could run a sub 5.0 a few years into their career.

Haskins should be the first QB taken in this draft.

I know. The thread title was a little jab at a former poster. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
The 40 time for a QB is one if the most worthless pieces of information when you're evaluating a guy...  Phillip Rivers and Brady were slower and I doubt Big Ben or Peyton Manning could run a sub 5.0 a few years into their career.

Haskins should be the first QB taken in this draft.
It really is not that important. I mean if you are a running QB sure it probably is important. But like you said Brady is slower than that and he is one of the best QBs I have ever scene with pocket presence and manipulating the pocket to maximize his protection. Granted he has always had a very good pass blocking OL he is also to credit for it as well.