Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davis Explains Why The Vikings Are The Ideal Landing Spot For Adrian Peterson
Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would entertain this idea at all...
Not that I'm for it. Just why is it beyond consideration? We have a opening for a  RB when Murray leaves and he did gain almost as much as our 2 combined. 

Like Murray who wants to compete for a starting job, Peterson is and always has been under the same mindset.  He wants to start too.  In reality, AP would be an expensive backup.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
Not that I'm for it. Just why is it beyond consideration? We have a opening for a  RB when Murray leaves and he did gain almost as much as our 2 combined. 

Like Murray who wants to compete for a starting job, Peterson is and always has been under the same mindset.  He wants to start too.  In reality, AP would be an expensive backup.
Murray base: $3.6 million.
Peterson base: $1 million.

I agree though AD would never consider himself a backup. That's a big draw back. 
At league min again. If he would. That couldn't be beyond consideration. 

@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:

Murray base: $3.6 million.
Peterson base: $1 million.

I agree though AD would never consider himself a backup. That's a big draw back. 
At league min again. If he would. That couldn't be beyond consideration. 

True fact.  Just don't see AD returning to the Vikings.

@"ArizonaViking" said:
We have our featured back and the faces of our offense, no way do I see AP coming back here and accepting a diminished role and expecting to he treated like the face of the team.   He might expect Less in other cities but not when he goes "home".

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
We have our featured back and the faces of our offense, no way do I see AP coming back here and accepting a diminished role and expecting to he treated like the face of the team.   He might expect Less in other cities but not when he goes "home".
As I said at the start here I'm not for it. I agree he will likely want more money then he made last year. From anybody not just us. He did have 1000 yards and 4.2 per. That was his prove it or still got it season. In his mind at least. Whether any team thinks so. ???
I just mentioned it because he had more then either of our two and our feature back is yet to play a full season. I am ready to move on from him. I just hope he finds a home if he wants to play.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
As I said at the start here I'm not for it. I agree he will likely want more money then he made last year. From anybody not just us. He did have 1000 yards and 4.2 per. That was his prove it or still got it season. In his mind at least. Whether any team thinks so. ???
I just mentioned it because he had more then either of our two and our feature back is yet to play a full season. I am ready to move on from him. I just hope he finds a home if he wants to play.
I think our lack of an oline wouldn't have allowed him to be near that number in minny unless the O made him the feature again and we know that doesnt pay off in today's NFL

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
I think our lack of an oline wouldn't have allowed him to be near that number in minny unless the O made him the feature again and we know that doesnt pay off in today's NFL

I haven't broken down their season. However after Smith went down and their year went in the tank. Having to carry the load with a scrub QB must have felt like old times to AD. Not that he's the RB he was then. Just very similar circumstances. That's the kinda team where AD needs to be one more year. 

@"ArizonaViking" said:
For a team that has offensive line problems, adding a back that cannot block would seem like a bad choice.

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
For a team that has offensive line problems, adding a back that cannot block would seem like a bad choice.
I'm against it for one reason only. He will create drama. Whether he tries to or not. Too many polarizing opinions over him. 
I hope the next time I see him in purple is when he signs his one day contract to retire a Viking. Then we can all argue whether or not to retire the number. 

I hear ya----he was a great back but is long in the tooth.   Could still be a player , but would create a schism on the team to get hi more touches the first time Cook isn't putting up fantasy numbers