Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets To Release Crowell

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta expects the Jets to release Isaiah Crowell this offseason.

Crowell signed a "three-year, $12 million" deal with the Jets last March and will be owed $2 million guaranteed if he's on the roster by the end of the day on March 15. Mehta doesn't expect that to be the case, as the Jets have strongly been linked to Le'Veon Bell as an impending free agent. Crowell had some monster games with the Jets in 2018, with a 10-102-2 Week 1 against the Lions and 15-219-1 versus Denver in Week 5. He only had more than 49 rushing yards in one other game before going on I.R. with a foot issue after Week 13. Crowell appears likely to be one-and-done with Gang Green. The Jets are going to overhaul their backfield.

I'd rather keep Murray, but this would be a nice consolation.

Yep, he'd be a nice backup for sure on a cap-friendly deal.

I think Murray's gone. There are too many teams flush with money. But this year's class is thick with backs in the middle rounds. 

Murray wants to start...Not a bunch of places he could go...

There are too many good backs in the NFL. There are probably 60 backs in the NFL capable of starting and only 32 starting jobs. Look at CJ Anderson, Matt Brieda, Chris Carson, James Conner.