Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots-Rams Super Bowl matchup sends ticket prices plummeting
Doh!
===========

Football fans are underwhelmed by the Super Bowl LIII matchup in Atlanta between the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams, according to TicketIQ, an aggregator of ticket-buying options on the primary and secondary markets.
TicketIQ reported Tuesday that prices for tickets to the Big Game set for Feb. 3 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium have declined 17 percent since Sunday's conference championship victories — the Patriots and Rams defeating the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints, respectively. Also, the inventory of available Super Bowl tickets on the secondary market hasn't been this high since 2016.
Something similar happened after the 2018 Super Bowl teams were determined last year. Secondary-market prices fell by about $800 per seat after the Minnesota Vikings lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC playoff game. (A Vikings win would've meant a Super Bowl team played in its own stadium for the first time, which would have driven some novelty sales.) But Philadelphia fans were at least psyched to come to the game; the decline in interest is even more pronounced this year. 
TicketIQ founder Jesse Lawrence called the Patriots-Rams match-up a "worst-case" demand scenario because the Patriots are in the Super Bowl for the fifth time this decade, a recipe for fatigue among the team's fans, while the Rams lack a fan base known for travel. 
https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/n...icket.html

Patriots in SB........yawn.

Those poor, fatigued Patriots fans...

5 SB's in 10 years. 

poor bastards

i thought i heard that it was 5 in the last 9 years.

It wont be long and it will be the Patriot Bowl

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:

They will likely rename the Lombardi trophy, after Kraft.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:

They will likely rename the Lombardi trophy, after Kraft.
No Belicheck? Think of the super bowls he has been in as a head coach, plus 3 more as a D coordinator. Unreal and I have to tip a hat at a team that just keeps coming back for the last 18 years with only two constants.

I would like to suffer SB fatigue.   Any time you want to get your shit together Zygmunt, you're only coming into year 15 now.