Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah the good ol' days
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
[Image: UniqueTediousBabirusa-small.gif]
Not to be "Captain Obvious".....

Not Captain Obvious for me. I have never actually seen Caddyshack. I know, weird huh?
Watched it with the boys last Christmas and it hasn't aged well.  Blazing Saddles on the other hand...

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Not Captain Obvious for me. I have never actually seen Caddyshack. I know, weird huh?
Watched it with the boys last Christmas and it hasn't aged well.  Blazing Saddles on the other hand...
Same thing happened with me and Spaceballs. Laughed my ass off when I was a kid. Got all excited to show it to my kids and it just wasn't funny to me. I mean AT ALL.

Agree about Blazing Saddles. Like All in the Family, there are things in that movie you couldn't touch today, but it's still funny as hell. Best movie line ever.... "little bastard shot me in the ass." 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Just rewatched Blazing saddles and History of the world in the last month. Funny stuff there. Got Young Frankenstein saved for a rainy day.

Love Mel Brooks stuff...yeah...Spaceballs in retrospect....ugh.
BUT
Came across and LOVE "Life Stinks"......Great stuff.
Mel Brooks busking for change !!!!
[Image: DefinitiveGrouchyGrison-size_restricted.gif]

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Same thing happened with me and Spaceballs. Laughed my ass off when I was a kid. Got all excited to show it to my kids and it just wasn't funny to me. I mean AT ALL.

Agree about Blazing Saddles. Like All in the Family, there are things in that movie you couldn't touch today, but it's still funny as hell. Best movie line ever.... "little bastard shot me in the ass." 
My boys were amazed at the source of so many memes.