Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Shaw's letter to younger self

Wow.  My daughter just broke down in a doctor’s office this afternoon as she is facing the second of 3 operations.  The operations are a result of the rare allergic reaction to a medication that almost killed her 18 months ago. Its called Stevens Johnson Syndrome/TENS and she was in an ICU in critical condition for 3 weeks. No one is stronger or has needed to be than my kid.  So reading this really hit me.  Bless Tim Shaw.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Wow.  My daughter just broke down in a doctor’s office this afternoon as she is facing the second of 3 operations.  The operations are a result of the rare allergic reaction to a medication that almost killed her 18 months ago. Its called Stevens Johnson Syndrome/TENS and she was in an ICU in critical condition for 3 weeks. No one is stronger or has needed to be than my kid.  So reading this really hit me.  Bless Tim Shaw.
I am so sorry to hear that your daughter and family is going through this. Sending positive and healing vibes. You are right. She is a strong spirit. She is a fighter. And I don't blame her for breaking down, it's a lot to take and she is overwhelmed. You all are and she needed to release what was boiling over. I will continue to pray and send good energy your way.

I think about my son and what he is going through with the migraines, insomnia and depression. He is such a fighter but I know he is frustrated because of the struggle and not having answers or relief. Pain takes a toll and the response to it is critical. It's a roller coaster no doubt but he is still working and I support him 100 percent.

I thought the article was a powerful read because it puts things in perspective right quick. He is fighting hard and he has a good attitude in the midst of some huge adversity. Mindset is the key but it is hard to get to that place where can channel that for your good. But once you get there, you can keep moving.

I know when someone you love is suffering and struggling, it can get easy to get caught up in the helplessness and hopelessness. But it is important not to get stuck there. Find a healthy outlet for the negatives, stay strong and keep fighting. 

God's blessings on you both!  My daughter is also battling chronic headaches and depression.  These stories give a lot of perspective on what many families deal with daily.