Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddle me this...
Has there ever been another time in Vikings history where the back 4 of the D were the strength of the team personnel wise?

I'm thinking back to the 70's - but that PPE front 4 was more amazing imo than Kasulke, Bryant & crew. Maybe Burnsies days with Browner and crew? 

Maybe some of you dont think the DB's are the elite unit on this vikings squad??? 

Best 4 starters, best depth in my 50 years...

Most DBs throughout the years have been average at best.  A few good ones, more in the safety category than CB.  But never the depth, nor at the starter level in my recollection.

[Image: 9qfn58tz6jdl.jpg]

The 1975 Vikings were pretty good...corners Bobby Bryant & Nate Wright and safeties Terry Brown & Paul Krause.  18 INT's between the 4 of them.   Back when "ball hawking" was a thing. 

98 and 75 - the best teams to never make a SB...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

The late 80's were pretty good. I liked Browner at safety better then Smith. I still like Rhodes better then Lee. As Ralphie says though. For overall strength that 75 team was incredible. 

You know how we all feel about the OL for the last few years?  With the exception of the eras you mention, I think that is how we all felt about our DBs for a very long time.  I’m not  sure how the current crop compares but they are at least equal to those you mentioned.  They are pretty special.