Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrell Hazell won't be back as WR coach

Wow, that flushing sound you here is that Offensive staff swirling the bowl...

I'm sure this is just a move to get someone more familiar with Kubiak's offense. I doubt it will take Hazell long to find a job. Whether he deserves any credit for them or not, having a 5th rounder and a local tryout player become two of the best receivers in the NFL has to look pretty good on a resume. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I'm sure this is just a move to get someone more familiar with Kubiak's offense. I doubt it will take Hazell long to find a job. Whether he deserves any credit for them or not, having a 5th rounder and a local tryout player become two of the best receivers in the NFL has to look pretty good on a resume. 
Yeah, but just don't mention what he does with first rounders.  B)

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yeah, but just don't mention what he does with first rounders.  B)
Meh...I don't hold that against him. Treadwell was always overrated. If Rick had just taken my phone call, Hazell would've been coaching Tyler Boyd the last couple seasons instead of LQT. :-)

I think we might have to toss Cordarrelle Patterson into the discussion too...Agree Kubiak is definitely bringing in his own kind...

Not surprising what we're seeing given the life an NFL coach leads...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Considering Hazell has been here since the Norv days, one has to wonder how well he fit the more recent offenses.  Hopefully this is the Kubiak effect, get people that are on the same page and working together.

2 things: other than Treadwell, I thought our WR corps was one of our strengths.  And they are known for running really good routes.  So maybe Hazell is more of a loss than meets the eye.
The other thing that I thought of when I heard this... is that Zimmer sure is going through alot of offensive coaches.  It's almost like he gives them the left-overs... and then expects them to make filet minon.