Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Opponents about set...
Quote:

I would like to see the league implement a somewhat fixed schedule in that division games are the first 3 and last 3 games of the season, with the homes and aways rotated each year,  then work in the rest through the middle with maybe the non conference being strung together,  the common division strung together, and then fill in with the opposing division equals.  take some of the randomness out of the equation from that aspect.  
I would also add that teams coming off their bye week plays another team coming off their bye. Preferably division teams.

Doesn't look like several Prime Time traveling games next year

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
I look at it and think that outside of the Giants and Lions away games, all the other away games could be candidates for primetime.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"AllBS" said:
I look at it and think that outside of the Giants and Lions away games, all the other away games could be candidates for primetime.
And the rest are all candidates for losses next year. The jury is still out on Cousins IMO. He needs to start showing he has the ability to win tough games on the road when expectations are high. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"AllBS" said:
And the rest are all candidates for losses next year. The jury is still out on Cousins IMO. He needs to start showing he has the ability to win tough games on the road when expectations are high. 
Sure, with a pessimist's eye one can see it that way.  A lot of things change from season to season.  Just considering the NFC, the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Packers, Redskins and Seahawks (and Cowboys even in winning their division) were all thought to be strong teams coming in that have struggled for a good part of to most of the season.  The Giants, Bucs and 49ers were also considered teams that would make a big improvement.  What we saw was a bunch of decent/good teams that are always tough on the road and just a few that shit the bed.  Most teams also don't have the Patriots luxury of playing against shitty division opponents for a decade and a half either.

It's easy to blame Cousins for not winning tough games on the road.  There's always a lot more blame to spread around as the whole team is usually beaten.  The defense as a whole was playing average level the first half of the season at least, way down in the standings, and still have a couple issues they haven't solved even while doing better.  Last season they were 'lucky' because it turned out to be the only good teams they played on the road were Pitt, Atlanta and Carolina.  They only beat Atlanta... barely, and the offense played like garbage in all of them.  The defense wasn't too hot in the losses either.  That was with a team most considered among the elite of the league by the time of the Atlanta game.

It's Falcons