Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings playoff picture
OK, so I'm having a hard time finding a definitive answer to this on the Google, but is there still a chance that the Vikings could play the Cowboys in the 1st round of the playoffs? I'm guessing that Seahawks would have to lose to the Cardinals in order for that to happen? Or is that option now impossible?

You are correct.  Since the Vikings must win to get in, they'd have a record of 9-6-1.  Should the Seahawks somehow lose to Arizona, they would have a record of 9-7.  the Vikings would then become the #5 seed and play the #4 seed next week. 
As to the likelihood of Seattle losing to Arizona, let's just say "your mileage may vary".

your are correct, Seahawks must lose to Cardinals, and this all assumes the Vikings win... Wink

Thanks ya'll. Damn, too bad the Chiefs couldn't beat the Seahawks. So looking at the Hawks schedule, they've played 4 out of their last 5 games at home. Who wrote this freaking schedule? 

Seahawks beat the Cards earlier this year by a field goal, but that was in Arizona and that was a totally different Seahawks team. Since they've already clinched a playoff spot, would they rest players? I doubt it. Going to Dallas in January (rather than Chicago) is probably incentive enough. 

Looks like there's no way around playing the Bears two weeks in a row. Should beat them at home, but then turning around and beating the same team two weeks in a row is tough enough, doing it in Chicago will be a tall climb. 

I had the same thought on the schedule maker as well, when I was looking at the playoff contenders.