Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treadwell inactive
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
So is AT's best position Slot or outside? Vikings really need the #3 guy to step-up from here on out, whoever that may be...I am a bit surprised how some schemes have been able to limit Diggs AND AT at times this year. 
AT is so great because he's a big, strong, fast receiver who's wiley and precise enough in his routes to play inside. For most of the year, defenses didn't have an answer for it. But I think he goes off in this game with Slay matching up with Diggs. Or so I assume...

What's interesting about that is that for the first time all year, Diggs actually played the slot a few times last week. I think this is a wrinkle from Stef to try to counter how defenses were doubling both Thielen and Diggs.

Either way, we do need that 3rd receiver to step up and become a real threat. Whether it's Rudy, Beebe, Robinson...someone's gotta make that extra attention given the two wides more expensive...dangerous. 

Tready was probably the ONLY player on the team sad to see Flipper go. 

It's unfortunate. He was a very good college player who suffered a horrific injury. We had a need for a physical possession receiver at the time, which he seemed like a good fit for. He was someone who worked hard, at least in terms of physical training, and does seem to care. However, he's had a lot of chances to establish himself and could never emerge as a reliable target even when teams were super focused on Diggs & Thielen. I wish it would have worked out, but finding a 3rd receiver who can capitalize on the mismatches that Diggs & Thielen create will be a priority for us.

Oh you're serious---inactive---I just thought that was his normal contribution

About goddamn time. It’s still irritating that they kept trotting him out there for basically 3 entire seasons. With Diggs and Thielen being such a great 1-2 combo, we really wasted a great opportunity for even an average WR to benefit from all of the attention given to those two. Instead we made the defenses’ jobs a lot easier by continuing to shoehorn into the #3 role one of the worst WRs that I’ve ever seen.

If this was Stefanski’s call, my respect for him just went up immensely.

i had really hoped he would develop.  when you watch him his hands and body control are both suspect.  turnrd out to be a big miss by speilly