Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting the Barr
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/1...-dolphins/Anthony Barr’s pass rush success keys Vikings’ dominance over Dolphins

Quote:MINNEAPOLIS — During the sweltering days of training camp, Minnesota
Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr worked on his pass rushing moves with
the defensive ends and lined up on the edge from time to time during
contact practices.

But we haven’t seen much of Barr’s pass rushing prowess until Sunday
when he lit up the Miami Dolphins for two sacks and a number of
pressures in the Vikings’ 41-17 win at US Bank Stadium.
Just have to comment on all the speculation about Barr and his pass rushing moves back in August.  I noticed his handwork on his sack where the RB rode him behind the QB, but he was able to swat away his hands and sack tannehill.  Barr showed up big time yesterday.  Was fun to see.

would the real anthony barr please show up the last 2 (+) games?  I am really leery about letting him walk,  but equally leery of giving him 10+ million a year just to see him disappear once again for long stretches of games.

He made the "splash" plays we've been waiting to see.  I thought he looked great; probably one of his best games as a Viking. 

Too bad there has been no consistency.  Yes, he had a great game yesterday but they have been far and few between.

The one thing this season has given me is the faith that Zimmer will be able to make the defense work.  I think they can train up lesser players and get a good product on the field.  I think this offseason is all about the OLine and if keeping Barr prevents that from happening, than get rid of Barr.  If Barr can be retained for a reasonable price, great, but he's not a gamechanging LB.

I am glad to see Barr playing well. But if it's a choice between Barr and the OL, they have to go with the OL. The OL has been an issue for far too long and they definitely need to invest in order to improve it.

What if the choice is between Barr and Rudy?  Barr all the way.
Also, I’m not so sure there are going to be free agent OL worth investing in in free agency.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Also, I’m not so sure there are going to be free agent OL worth investing in in free agency.
That's an interesting choice. I think Rudy could rework his contract. Barr might just get paid big bucks elsewhere. Not saying I want him to go but they can't keep everyone. It's not just free agency for the OL, they have to draft more help too. They need both starters and depth for the offensive line. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
That's an interesting choice. I think Rudy could rework his contract. Barr might just get paid big bucks elsewhere. Not saying I want him to go but they can't keep everyone. It's not just free agency for the OL, they have to draft more help too. They need both starters and depth for the offensive line. 
That’s right.  I think the OL has to be built mostly through the draft. The two best offensive linemen they have were draft picks while the weak links were free agents.  

If you let Barr go, that’s a high draft pick you need to use to replace him, so you could say letting him go hurts building the OL though the draft too.