Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Magnificence of Cook teases us fans again
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket after such a dominating win.....honest, I'm really not. BUT: when is the last time we saw Cook with the room to move, juke and do his thing like he did yesterday? He will annihilate teams if he can continue to get that kind of room to operate, but we all know this line stinks. And they aren't consistent. He's as good a weapon as there is in the NFL, but he needs a yard or two of room to operate, just like any successful RB does....and before yesterday, he wasn't getting it. 

So what do I believe? What I've seen all year long or what I saw yesterday and might be an anomaly? One game at a time, but I'm not sold on it continuing.
I look at what he did yesterday as a sign as to what he could do with some decent blocking on a forward basis.

Will that happen regularly? Nah...We all know it won't cause they don't play the Phish every week and not with the group they have in 18. But it does bring the term "pick your poison" back to the discussion regarding the Viking O. 

Our skill position players on offense are pretty damn good - and the D notches damn near 10 sacks when they can play with some sort of lead. 

Added Vikings coach Mike Zimmer: “Cook is a pretty talented player and when he’s got the ball in his hands typically good things happen.”
That’s why Zimmer had repeatedly talked  about running the ball more in recent weeks and why he promoted Stefanski from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator last week. What was odd was why DeFilippo seemed resistant to utilizing Cook more frequently. The excuse-makers will say it’s because the Vikings offensive line isn’t very good but that goes both ways.
Asking Kirk Cousins to be something he’s not — say a top-10 NFL quarterback — puts too much on him and is a recipe for disaster. (Minkah Fitzpatrick’s 50-yard touchdown return of a Cousins interception on Sunday gives the QB 10 interceptions and seven lost fumbles this season.)
Giving Cook a bigger role in the offense makes perfect sense. It certainly would have been the wise move in the Vikings’ loss two weeks ago at New England when Cook averaged 9.3 yards per rush but only was handed the ball nine times. He also caught a season-high eight passes for 22 yards in that game.
Cook was seen shaking hands with his offensive linemen after Sunday’s game in which the line played well. “No them, no me,” Cook said when asked about his message. “They opened holes that were too good. You all probably could have hit them holes. You’ve got to give credit to those guys. That’s why I told them after (Cook’s) first touchdown that one of them has got to spike it.”
http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/12/zul...n-cooking/

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Somewhere, Flip is sitting with a puzzled look on his face...
...or this one

[Image: DearPleasingIchidna-small.gif]

Sam Monson PFF.com
Dalvin Cook's combine 40 time is one of the great sandbagging jobs ever.

If he's a 4.49 guy I'm a Hall of Famer.

Sam Monson PFF.com

i dont think he is that fast... he is quick to get to speed,  but his top end hasnt really showed to be all that amazing.  he is amazing in short area,  but over all his speed looks average with DBs IMO.  seems he has been caught from behind quite a few times on longer runs IIRC.  

Oh...   now that I re-read the title I get it.  COOK tease. Yeah that's not a bad thing.
 Wink 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Sam Monson PFF.comDalvin Cook's combine 40 time is one of the great sandbagging jobs ever.

i dont think he is that fast... he is quick to get to speed,  but his top end hasnt really showed to be all that amazing.  he is amazing in short area,  but over all his speed looks average with DBs IMO.  seems he has been caught from behind quite a few times on longer runs IIRC.  
For what its worth, he was clocked as the fastest ball carrier this year on that long run in his first game back.  The one where the DB barely caught him with the angle.  But I will agree that his acceleration and explosion are what set him apart.  And he breaks lots of tackles.

Sam Monson PFF.com

Not sure what he means by that. Monson thinks he's faster than that time or slower? Cook ran 4.49 at the combine, then ran low 4.5s on this first pro day attempt and mid 4.4s on his second. Sounds like Monson's a hall of famer. 

it all comes  back to how fast  do you play in pads they are not outhere  in under armor underwear