Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 was worse...for me
Way worse...
Bitter 
Soul Crushing

6/10, Moss, Bert is back, Packers winning a SB
A year removed from sweeping GB, crushing the Cowboys in the playoffs and bounty gate 

Yes, that year hurt.  Childress had no plan for NO on opening night.  Bert held out, got an extra 20 mil and then showed he wasn't up for it.  He didn't know the offense and made too many big mistakes.

If I recall, Bert was getting crushed behind our shitty O-line. Glad we don't have that issue anymore.... oh, wait. Nevermind

Childress updated his KAO for Bert.  Bert skipped camp and didn't learn it.  Bert made several glaring mistakes during the season that showed he didn't know the plays.
The best was Bert drifting back into the defender that McPile had actually blocked around the pocket and Bert getting crushed into the frozen ground and ending his season.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Way worse...
Bitter 
Soul Crushing

A year removed from sweeping GB, crushing the Cowboys in the playoffs and bounty gate 
I had higher expectations for this season than 2010. 2010 my gut said we would drop off some at least (was thinking 10-6 and maybe winning one playoff game). This season I thought top 2 seed at minimum and NFC Champ appearance at minimum.

That was worse I agree. The difference between then and now was the feeling I had for the future. After 2010 you knew that window slammed shut. Everything fell apart. I don't feel that now. We were good last year. The offensive game plans were effective then the OC moved on and we made a bad choice. Diggs, Theilen, Cook and Kirk are not going the way of Farve and Rice. We need to get some new interior linemen and hopefully Kevin is the answer. If not we keep looking. The defense is still good enough to compete in this league. 2010 felt like what it was. The end of a very narrow window. We are not turning our future over to Ponder.

Quote: @matt4787 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Way worse...
Bitter 
Soul Crushing

I had higher expectations for this season than 2010. 2010 my gut said we would drop off some at least (was thinking 10-6 and maybe winning one playoff game). This season I thought top 2 seed at minimum and NFC Champ appearance at minimum.
Fair enough...Not hard to see how this season has sucked for a lot of fans.