Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer's daughter calls out the Trolls...
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'll never understand the opinion that because the guy makes a lot of money or is a celebrity, that he should be exposed to trolls or the vitriol that we see with social media. That it somehow 'goes with the territory'. Why? Its bad and inexcusable behavior regardless. 
Criticism of the coach has been going on for ages.  Not personal stuff.
Childress use to get way worse criticism and deservedly so.
Just like Cousins getting criticized a ton and many include the fact that he is making so much money.
1st round picks like Treadwell get criticized because they collect 1st round paychecks and more is expected of them.
Since I brought up the point about criticism going with the territory I am responded here.
Zimmer deserves to be criticized for the way he is handling the team (specifically getting involved with the offense) and for the current record.  As long as it is not personal what is wrong with that?

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I'll never understand the opinion that because the guy makes a lot of money or is a celebrity, that he should be exposed to trolls or the vitriol that we see with social media. That it somehow 'goes with the territory'. Why? Its bad and inexcusable behavior regardless. 
Just like Cousins getting criticized a ton and many include the fact that he is making so much money.
1st round picks like Treadwell get criticized because they collect 1st round paychecks and more is expected of them.
Since I brought up the point about criticism going with the territory I am responded here.
Zimmer deserves to be criticized for the way he is handling the team (specifically getting involved with the offense) and for the current record.  As long as it is not personal what is wrong with that?
Nobody is talking about legit criticism of job performance  but  the personal attacks and just plain shit head comments are what most think crosses the line. 

What's funny to me is the number of people that think they have the answer...but have zero coaching experience.  It's one think to know enough about the game to recognize an error in judgement from our living rooms,   it's another thing to make those decisions in live time with a million other things happening.  

If owners and gms held all coaches to the standards most fans expect....there wouldn't be many coaches.  Honestly even the smartest of us football fans don't know shit about running or coaching an NFL franchise I'm sure and would likely fail so badly older fans would make steckle comparisons.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Who is talking about legitimate coaching criticism? This is beyond that, its personal attacks against he and his family. Outrageous bullshit. Its over the top ridiculous. And it certainly isn't what Zimmer's daugher is referring to.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Who is talking about legitimate coaching criticism? This is beyond that, its personal attacks against he and his family. Outrageous bullshit. Its over the top ridiculous. And it certainly isn't what Zimmer's daugher is referring to.
kind of like the sexual shit that people used to post to Ponder... over the line,  honestly social media is much like the tabloids and their poparazzi... it really shows how low and disgusting our species can be to often decent strangers and have a sense of entitlement about it....  ooh "I pay their salary,  so its my right"... dumbest fucking statement ever IMO.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Social media honestly is the worst parts of our society. Garbage. The shit that these idiot trolls say is reprehensible. 
Social media is a bathroom wall. When people don't have to look you in the eye, you get a glimpse into just how vile, depraved, racist and stupid people are. 
Meh, there are parts of Virginia and tenessee I have been to that are pretty much on par with all that
Hey, I resemble those remarks!!!  Specially since you can't spell Tennessee. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Social media honestly is the worst parts of our society. Garbage. The shit that these idiot trolls say is reprehensible. 
Social media is a bathroom wall. When people don't have to look you in the eye, you get a glimpse into just how vile, depraved, racist and stupid people are. 
Wait....your bathrooms have walls?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
im sure yours does as well... its just that all 4 are exterior walls. :p

she and i chat on instagram, people are straight up trash when it comes to social media. Can you imagine being just a relative let alone a daughter and having no bodies constantly demean and slander your loved one over a foorball game?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yeah but nobody gives a shit about TN. Even spell check didn't care. LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Enjoyed meeting you guys in TN. That was a blast. But some of the stuff I've seen there. Woooooo boy......