Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DePhillipo Fired???
Quote: @TBro said:
@greediron said: 
@Wetlander said:
It needed to be done...  look how many games this season our offense had no rhythm to it.  Also, how many times earlier this season did we start out scoring 14+ points in the first half and then struggle to even score points in the 2nd half?  Something was going to give.  DeFelippo called plays in Cleveland and had the same issue...  too high of a pass/run ratio.
Hopefully Stefanski learned something from Shurmur about how to call a game and get an offense in a rhythm.  This team has too much talent despite some of the issues on the offensive line to be shut down like we were the past two weeks.
Anyone hear Thielen scream "It's been there all fucking day" after he picked up a long gain on a WR quick screen?  The mics picked it up late in the game...  that tells me something...
Didn't hear that.  But seems like the players were frustrated with the play calling as well.
The field mic also picked up Wagner tell Remmers "You didn't come to play today." After the game he said in an interview that "the Vikings ran exactly what we saw on film. It was easy to figure out what they were calling". Compare that to the Patriots game were Zimmer said he didn't have the team ready and that the Patriots came at them with new schemes they hadn't seen on film before. Flip's early success was before teams had film to study. He was too predictable and didn't seem to have any feel for playcalling. Over the past several weeks when teams started doubling Diggs and Thielen, he had no answers.
Wagner is a typical Carroll player, loud, brash and willing to cheat.  So I don't take much stock in what he sez.  Carroll continues to defend an obviously illegal play.
But you make a great point about Flip.  His success was early on, once teams had some film, he couldn't generate any offense.  I hoped he would figure it out and the offense could grow through the pains.  But Zimmer saw enough and made the change. 

I'd like to see us go more up tempo. It seems that those quick hitting plays and hurry up offense moves the ball effectively, and it wears out the opponents pass rush.

The thing that frustrates me the most is when it's 3rd and 6, we pass 4 yards.....why can't we run routes that are past the sticks??? It has happened all too often this year.

Quote: @JoDakota said:
I'd like to see us go more up tempo. It seems that those quick hitting plays and hurry up offense moves the ball effectively, and it wears out the opponents pass rush.

The thing that frustrates me the most is when it's 3rd and 6, we pass 4 yards.....why can't we run routes that are past the sticks??? It has happened all too often this year.
nothing wrong with a hot route or something short of the sticks as long as its hit in stride and the receiver has room to reach the sticks,  plenty of ways to get yards, but routes coming back or curls short of the sticks are retarded.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JoDakota said:

nothing wrong with a hot route or something short of the sticks as long as its hit in stride and the receiver has room to reach the sticks,  plenty of ways to get yards, but routes coming back or curls short of the sticks are retarded.
interestingly, twice we were at 3rd and 1 (or close) and we didn't throw any quick slants or short routes.  twice I remember Cousins rolling out from pressure and chucking the ball out of bounds. 

Was he afraid of tipped balls?  Or did we not have those routes called?  Just seemed so odd was couldn't pick up a quick route to get a yard.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
we’re gonna win out and do damage in the playoffs. mark my words! quote me 
You promise?  B)

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
we’re gonna win out and do damage in the playoffs. mark my words! quote me 
I'd say the odds are decent that we win out and go into the playoffs with a head of steam. But just saying that sort of feels like the Vikings offense is a cancer patient praying that the surgeon got ALL of the tumor.