Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y'all in on decriminalizing weed? Or not?
all for it. not a user myself nor have i tried but have no issues with anyone who does

No.

I've thought that its ridiculous federal status was a decades-long cash grab by for-profit prisons and courts alike.  I haven't smoked it in almost 3 decades, but I'm all for people using it instead of the (almost always worse) crap from "Big Pharma" which tends to have more/worse side effects.

That said, just like with booze...if your impairment causes a car accident or whatever, the user must face the consequences.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Purple Haze said:
@suncoastvike said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I would allow use for medicinal purposes under a doctors direction but not for recreational use.  Many are successful with recreational use but others end at the bottom of the slippery slope after graduating to other drugs.  Gotta remember the ones that crash and burn too...  I live in Idaho so the weed supporters can put down there pitchforks and recognize that I don't vote in your states and will have no influence.
I have always had a problem with the. Some can't handle it so ban it for everyone approach. If that were truly the way of things alcohol and gambling should also be illegal or somehow need supervision by someone with a medical degree. 
Doctors discretion does not work.  Medical was made legal in ND a couple years ago and is just now starting to get rules and regulations in place.  One of the issues is that the hospitals and clinics are allowed to decide if they will participate or not.  One hospital in town said no our doctors will not be allowed to prescribe marijuana.  The other local hospital left it up to doctors discretion.  The problem is the doctors that are willing to participate have to register so patients know what doctors to see.  So far not a single doctor has registered.  So as a result, regardless if it is legal or not as it looks patients will not be able to get it anyway because of the way the legislature re-wrote the law.  As for recreational marijuana causing the people at the bottom end graduating to other drugs, that to me is a totally bogus argument. The people who have addiction problems are going to get their drugs regardless if its legal or not.  Legalizing weed is not going to make it easier to get meth, coke, heroin etc.  Ive always hated that argument because all of the statistics behind the "Marijuana is the starter drug to the hard drugs" comes from the research and study of ............ drug addicts.  I really doubt if any of the thousands of responsible people that smoke weed have EVER been included in a study.   
Yeah if we make Doctors dispense it only there will never be an abuse problem right.  The biggest drug epidemic we have right now is with doctor prescribed pills. The local liquor store owner can check an ID. That's more examination then some so called pill doctors have done. Please no disrespect to the good doctors intended.
It Is really insane that pot is even a schedule 1 drug. In there with LSD, Heroin, and cocaine. I lived long enough to know there really is a big difference. Regardless of what any study says for or against. Those folks I know who have been smoking the occasional joint for 30+ years are still alive. Those other schedule 1'ers are not if they didn't stop.  That's enough of a  study with my own life experiences.
Another reason doctors will be hesitant to prescribe medical marijuana is because it may cut into thier profits.  My wife has been a massage theropist for over 20 years and it is taking a toll on her hands.  She used to get monthly cortizone shots to relieve the pain.  About 3 months ago she tried using CBC oil and has not needed a shot since.  She told a friend who has had cronic back pain for years to maybe try it so her friend asked her doctor that has been treating her all these years for her pain about trying the CBC.  The doctor told her absolutely not because it has too many side affects.  I know several people that use CBC and none of them have ever had a side affect.  It has no THC in it, it does not make you high it is simply hemp oil and there are no side affects.  This doctor was just afraid it may help her back and he will be out the hundreds of dollars a month he is getting from her if she uses it.

It should be mandatory.

... who was the comedian who said that?

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
It should be mandatory.

... who was the comedian who said that?
I think I heard Tommy Chong replying to a question about mandatory drug testing, said something to the effect of you should only try the ones you want.

I think it should be completely legalized.  I also think that regulations should be easy
enough to pass that a wide variety of small local growers can participate.  My conspiratorial side thinks that they’ll
legalize it, and then regulate it so heavily that only the existing giant
companies will be able to afford it, and then we’ll end up with giant pharma
companies charging 3x as much because they’ve eliminated all the competition.

I'm not a user, but I think it's been mostly a good thing for Colorado. Of course, I'm sure you'd find some who would disagree with that.  

Quote: @pumpf said:
No.
Why not?

I'm from Oregon.  The tax revenue generated by weed sales has given a huge boost to both educational funds and police funds, two public buckets in desperate need of revenue.  In 2 years, Oregon has generated over $152 million in tax revenue from weed sales alone.  

It's also been a huge help for getting people off of opioids, prescription drugs and worse.  Big pharma has no problem supplying narcotics that are highly addictive and terrible side affects.  They're crapping themselves that there's a cheaper, healthier alternative to many ailments out there.

Don't like it?  Treat it like the liquor store for people who don't drink - then don't go inside.