Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: How good is the Bears O-line?
Quote: @FSUVike said:
I know you're being droll Maroon, but who exactly is the best win on Minnesota's resume? The 4-5 Eagles that just lost to the Cowboys at home? No other team they've beat has more than 3 wins.

Vegas has correctly determined that so far both teams look pretty even. Neither has baten a team with a winning record. They have both lost a close shootout against a good team.

The difference in record at this point lies in Minnesota  losing at home to the Bills while Chicago thumped them on the road.

So 3 point dogs on the road to a division foe that looks very similar in terms of results is pretty spot on.

This game is the litmus test for me to decide if injuries were the culprit or if there are deeper issues with the Vikings this year.
It's not about what either team has done so far. I consider that mostly irrelevant. Again, it's not who you play, but when you play them.

Is the Saints team we see now the same Saints team that lost to the Bucs? That only beat Cleveland because of a missed field goal? No, it's not....and neither are the Vikings. THIS Vikings team is a totally different team than the one we saw two weeks ago, four weeks ago, six weeks ago... 

A fully healthy Vikings team, with Diggs, with Cook, with Reiff, with Griffen and Rhodes-a team that seems to have figured out its defense, a team that seems to have figured out its run schemes, is a team that is far more talented than the Bears. 

Of course anything can happen in a cold Soldier, and the Bears are pretty solid, but the Vikings are the better team and I expect them to win pretty easily...even in Chicago. What's more, I expect the Bears to fade in the 2nd half of the season. 

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
What's more, I expect the Bears to fade in the 2nd half of the season. 
Care to say why that is?  Looks to me like da bears have an "easier" schedule coming up than the Vikings do.

Bears. -  Vikings, Lions, Giants, Rams, Packers, 49ers, Vikings.  4 out of 7 teams with losing records.  Giants and 9ers are battling for first pick in next years draft.  Rams will be tough, but it's in the cold at Chicago.  Packers, lions, and us will be tough divisional games just like our games vs them.  Teams are combined 30 - 32 - 3.

Vikings - Bears, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins, Lions, Bears. 3 out of 7 teams with losing records.  3 others at .500 or one game below.  I don't see any 2 win teams on our schedule but the bears have Giants and 49ers. Teams are a combined 35 - 29 - 1.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@MaroonBells said:
What's more, I expect the Bears to fade in the 2nd half of the season. 
Care to say why that is?  Looks to me like da bears have an "easier" schedule coming up than the Vikings do.

Bears. -  Vikings, Lions, Giants, Rams, Packers, 49ers, Vikings.  4 out of 7 teams with losing records.  Giants and 9ers are battling for first pick in next years draft.  Rams will be tough, but it's in the cold at Chicago.  Packers, lions, and us will be tough divisional games just like our games vs them.  Teams are combined 30 - 32 - 3.

Vikings - Bears, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins, Lions, Bears. 3 out of 7 teams with losing records.  3 others at .500 or one game below.  I don't see any 2 win teams on our schedule but the bears have Giants and 49ers. Teams are a combined 35 - 29 - 1.

The Bears have the Vikings TWICE. And the Rams. And the Packers. If we were talking about the '85 Bears it would be different, but we're not. This team is solid but they're not on the same level with the Saints, Vikings or Rams.