Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buh Bye Bobby?
Bobby Petrino Reportedly Fired by Louisville After 4-Plus Seasons
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

It's hard to believe one person can single-handedly ruin a college football program so thoroughly and so quickly.

I bet Zimmer will be losing sleep over his good buddy Bobby getting shown the door.

LOL.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...974266002/

Here's what Zimmer told The Enquirer in 2010 about Petrino's resignation as the Falcons' head coach:

Quote:On going back to Atlanta, Zimmer said about that season: "I was never even there as far as I am concerned. I never even was there. When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people's families and doesn't have enough guts to at least finish out the year. I am not a part of that." 
Pretty good stuff, but it gets even better in his appraisal of Petrino: "He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people's lives, a bunch of people's families, kids, because he didn't have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That's the truth." 
When asked if he had seen a two days like that before, where the Falcons lost on Monday Night Football, a coach resigns and then is doing "Woo Pig Sooie" 24 hours later in front of Arkansas boosters, Zimmer said: "No, most people in football have enough courage about them and enough fight to stick through something and not quit halfway through the year. It is cowardly. 
"He came in and said he resigned, he would talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has ever talked to him since. Not that anybody wanted to. 
"He’s a gutless b-----d. Quote that. I don't give a s---." When told that we might might not be able to use the B word, Zimmer went one better: "How about this, gutless MF. You can use that."