Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Big Nuts - Remembering Jerry Burns' Great Forgotten Rant
Certain coaching rants—Dennis Green’s “They are who we thought they were” shoutfest, Jim Mora’s “Playoffs?!” tirade, Lee Elia’s fusillade of fucks, to name three—have long been hardwired into the public consciousness. Burns’s meltdown might be well-remembered by Vikings fans of a certain age, but it’s largely been neglected by most everyone else. On this, its 29th anniversary (plus three days), Burns’s rant deserves to be savored in all its profane glory. Behold:

https://deadspin.com/lets-remember-the-nfls-greatest-forgotten-coaching-rant-1830243764

Omg! I love Burnsie. I love at the end he says fuckers as he is walking away lol.

lol dam we  could  use  his language in this pc correct world a lot more

Love how he says..."I'm not gonna name names......"
Then goes off on everyone.

"we can't be responsible for F!"

I met Jerry twice here in Florida. Back in the old NFC central days. He was a friend of a friend who owned bars and hotels in the Tampa Bay area. My friend set up quick meetings at his bar. Had a beer with him. He was nothing like this in person. Never slipped one F-bomb. He was born the same year as my dad. They were alot alike. My dad could let loose a blue tirade when the situation called for it. I guess I know where I got it.

One time the Friday night before the game when I was invited to meet him at the bar. I asked him how you feel about game Sunday? He told me straight up. I'm worried I can't get the team to focus. We had a terrible week of practice. The Bucs were a bad team then. Historically bad. The Vikes won but I always thought it was a interesting conversation. His knock was he couldn't get his teams up for bad teams. He even realized this I think. Jerry was a underappreciated coach. Very innovative. Good enough two HOF head coaches hired him to run their offenses.

Truly one of the greatest characters in Vikings history...

He came into our showroom earlier this year with his kid to make a purchase. He's aged a lot, but still has those piercing eyes. Got to shake his hand and thank him for all he did for Viking nation. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

He came into our showroom earlier this year with his kid to make a purchase. He's aged a lot, but still has those piercing eyes. Got to shake his hand and thank him for all he did for Viking nation. 
How's your retirement gig going?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

How's your retirement gig going?
Thanks but not retired, I'm too much of an ant for that. I am doing my encore after 30 years in Market Research and CPG. 

Having a lot of fun most days! Meet some dips hits now and then, but most people up here are pretty dang nice and interesting too. 

People are in our showroom cause they want to be vs have to be (luxury automobiles). 

Fu#%ing awesome.  Burnsie was loved by all: players, coaches, and fans alike.