Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs A Long Shot To Go On Sunday
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Wonder if they'll double up on AT now.  The WR depth will be tested today.
They already do. Thielen almost always sees bracket coverage with the safety helping out the slot corner, with the defense's best outside corner on Diggs. 

But this game is different. Diggs is out. And Slay would be a waste on Treadwell. Slay is one of the league's best outside corners, but unlike PatPete, Lattimore, Rhodes, etc., he can, and has, moved inside to cover the slot. I sorta think he might move inside today. I'm very curious to see how they choose to cover us. 

I have to say this game has me a little worried in terms of our passing game. That said, we should be able to run on them. Snacks notwithstanding, they give up more yards per carry than any other team. and I like our defense against their offense. The only thing that has me a little worried is that if Rhodes takes Jones, that leaves Waynes covering Golladay, which is a size mismatch. 

I sorta think that Rhodes will shadow Jones and we'll bracket Golladay with Waynes and a big nickel. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I think Beebe is gong to flash today...Really do. 
He sure did in the preseason, didn't he? Probably depends on how many snaps he gets at WR, but I'd like to see him in there. He's a slippery, sure handed kid. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It'll be interesting to see who's more impactful today: Robinson or Treadwell? Somebody needs to step up as Thielen will be getting double teamed.
We have been patiently waiting for the #23 overall pick to step up for some time
Hope he keeps his helmet on & head in the game

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It'll be interesting to see who's more impactful today: Robinson or Treadwell? Somebody needs to step up as Thielen will be getting double teamed.
How about both?  Treadwell came up big.  Robinson had 1 nice 1st down and one big drop

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
This is a totally different offense without Diggs. We're going to need to run the ball today. 
Kinda saw how valuable diggs is today.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
This is a totally different offense without Diggs. We're going to need to run the ball today. 

Yup, I said that Diggs catches that long ball to Robinson.  Not knocking him but Diggs is hard to replace.  Just glad we have Thieland AND Diggs.
Talking about what we have always reminds me of this quote.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yep.

Thielen working through a calf injury...

Slay shadowed AT for the most part, didn't he?  That TD route was pretty sick, but without Diggs, our offense wasn't as dynamic.  Most teams can plan for one stud WR and try to limit him.  But we have 2 and that must make a defense crazy.

vikings offense needs to get over their 2nd half blues.