Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Souhan: Freakish stars highlight best Vikings players at training camps
As the Vi­kings spend their last train­ing camp in Man­kato, here are the 12 most en­ter­tain­ing play­ers, in one man's opinion.– Dalvin Cook took a hand­off and ran into a hu­man wall. He bounced backward, like a dirt bike equipped with a re­verse gear, then exe­cuted a few steps that might land him on “Dan­cing With The Stars” be­fore burst­ing into the secon­dary.
This oc­cur­red on the first day of full-squad train­ing camp prac­tice for the Vi­kings. The de­fend­ers were not tack­ling, but his deft foot­work and bursts of speed made Cook the most in­trigu­ing play­er on the field.
I’ve been at­tend­ing Vi­kings train­ing camps since 1990. Most of the prac­tices are so bor­ing they make you crave the rel­a­tive thrills of sixth-in­ning pitch­ing changes ... unless there is a rare tal­ent on the field.
Cook might qual­i­fy. As the Vi­kings spend their last train­ing camp in Man­kato, here are the 12 most en­ter­tain­ing play­ers I’ve watched here:
12. Antoine Win­field
11. Joey Brown­er

10. Scott Studwell

9. Randall Mc­Dan­iel

8. John Ran­dle

7. Daun­te Cul­pep­per

6. Chad Green­way

5. Robert Smith

4. Per­cy Har­vin

3. Cris Carter

2. Brett Fav­re

1. Randy Moss

read all the detail here:
http://www.startribune.com/freakish-star.../437406033

Jim Souhan’s pod­cast can be heard at MNSPN.com. Twit­ter: @SouhanStrib. E-mail: [email protected]

Uhm....Favre never made it to Mankato. Winter Park? Yes