Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projecting 2020 roster
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
I wish I had that much faith in Cook as you guys. 24 games into his career. He's played in what 5 or 6?
You know he's been hurt, right? 
I think that's part of the point. If he stays healthy then it's all good. 
That is the point. We're right now half way through 2018 and we're talking about 2020. What if 2019 is like 2017 and so far 2018?
Well, unless he's some sort of china doll in a bull shop, I sort of take the opposite view. Because of abstract things like odds, game theory, probability and the notion of positive regression to the mean, he's less likely to get hurt in coming years. I mean, he has to be, right? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
I wish I had that much faith in Cook as you guys. 24 games into his career. He's played in what 5 or 6?
That is the point. We're right now half way through 2018 and we're talking about 2020. What if 2019 is like 2017 and so far 2018?
Well, unless he's some sort of china doll in a bull shop, I sort of take the opposite view. Because of abstract things like odds, game theory, probability and the notion of positive regression to the mean, he's less likely to get hurt in coming years. I mean, he has to be, right? 
Ok you lost me at bullshop.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
It's sorta turning the "bull in a china shop" thing on its ear. Translation: if he's really delicate in a world of mass and violence. Oh, never mind. I have my own secret sense of humor. :-)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
It's sorta turning the "bull in a china shop" thing on its ear. Translation: if he's really delicate in a world of mass and violence. Oh, never mind. I have my own secret sense of humor. :-)
Me too.

Lately, I'd think A Bull in a China Shop refers to which ever Vikefans moderator has been dealing with the cheap but high quality threads that have been popping up in mass on the main board.