Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Importance of Murray
Unrestricted Free Agent after this year. Will we re-sign him?

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
& Rick rewarded him w/ a pay cut...
better than the reward BRob got...

I think the league needs to change how it does contracts.. make them all based on potential production and the pay comes at the end of the year based on performance.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
He's big, strong, long and deceptively fast. Great backup. I really like Cook as the starter, but he needs to get healthy. 
Cook needs to get back to full strength soon. My fear is that he will play a little the last 4-5 games of this season and team management will decide he's going to be fully mended next year. IMO we should be picking a RB next spring - only question is how early.
The article about Murray makes it sound like his restructure was a single deal, but I thought the Vikings waived him and then took a few days to re-sign him. I wasn't even certain he was returning, and pretty sure he could have signed elsewhere. This suggests they were not taking any such risk, but do others remember?

I think Boone and Thomas will round into a nice pair that could carry a sizeable load after another year of offseason polishing at much less than what Murray should sign for.