Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Giants F-up not drafting a QB?
Absolutely they fucked up.  RBs are always available, QBs not so much and QBs take longer to develope.  Imo Oline then QB,  then WR and then RB in order of how to build an offense.

They drafted a more well rounded Adrian Peterson. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
They drafted a more well rounded Adrian Peterson. 
I still maintian though that the way the league is set up offensively that RB would be the last position I would be worrying about on O.   First I want to build a protection unit,  it all starts with the oline to both protect your franchise QB and then open running lanes,  neither can do their jobs without the OL.  Then the QB, a great QB with protection can make pedestrian receivers look great,  and lastly good RBs are becoming  a dime a dozen,  sure Barkley may be among the best of his generation, but the position has such a small window of peak performance that I have to say I would question ever taking one in the first round again unless i was totally stacked on both sides of the ball which will never happen in a salary cap league.

The best move the Packers organization was to draft Favre's replacement before he started to fade.  Giants have missed the boat completely for a few seasons.    

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
The best move the Packers organization was to draft Favre's replacement before he started to fade.  Giants have missed the boat completely for a few seasons.    
I know we are in year 1 with KC, but IMO we need to keep looking for our franchise QB,  not because Kirk isnt or wont be that guy... but you never know what will happen and when it will happen.

Shumer is earning every penny
To deal with all this is one thing
Being in NY...
I bet part of him misses the “Good ‘ol Days”

Nope.
Hope the Giants ride Eli for another ten years.  Rack up the L's.

The team around Eli is terrible, especially their OL. BUT: a highly-paid veteran with 2 SB rings is going to get the lion's share of the blame, no doubt.
Giants owed Eli over $28M in dead money this year. I truly think they did not want him on the bench earning $22M. They can cut him next year and it's "only" $6M.
Now, will anyone be shocked if Manning goes to a different team next year, one with a better line, and has a little career rebound?
I really wonder if Shurmur will survive out there. He has made some questionable decisions and it doesn't look like the Giants are going to straighten out this season.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...i-manning/

You almost feel bad for Pat.
the shit we have to say to keep our jobs....