Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Message to the Vikings Defense
I thought that one of my favorite Megadeath songs would be appropriate for this pivotal rematch of the NFC Championship game where we were embarrassed in Philly. With Bower out this Sunday, and already missing Griffin, Zimmer better wake the fuck up and figure out how to generate a pass rush on Wentz. How about a little Anthony Barr off the edge?

Wake Up Dead!!!!!!!!

They have been doing some of the Barr off the edge

I don't know about the defense, but I know what I want to say to Zimmer: 

1) Don't tell me about the labor; just show me the baby.  (Stop talking about the defense and FIX IT)

2) I can get a Cover-2 corner at the local 7-11 (I feel the same way about defensive coordinators who can't adjust to stop the opposing offense).

Quote: @"TBro" said:
I thought that one of my favorite Megadeath songs would be appropriate for this pivotal rematch of the NFC Championship game where we were embarrassed in Philly. With Bower out this Sunday, and already missing Griffin, Zimmer better wake the fuck up and figure out how to generate a pass rush on Wentz. How about a little Anthony Barr off the edge?

Wake Up Dead!!!!!!!!

Oh, isn't Barr stepping in for Waynes at CB??

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"TBro" said:

Wake Up Dead!!!!!!!!

Oh, isn't Barr stepping in for Waynes at CB??
Funny Jor-El. I think we all witnessed first hand how well that worked out last week. Barr was at his best rushing off the edge at UCLA and his rookie year with the Vikings but Zimmer has gotten away from it. He needs to let his playmakers play. 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:

1) Don't tell me about the labor; just show me the baby.  (Stop talking about the defense and FIX IT)

2) I can get a Cover-2 corner at the local 7-11 (I feel the same way about defensive coordinators who can't adjust to stop the opposing offense).
The defense is his creation. He is the Architect, Game Planner, and Play Caller. He has been given every possible tool to be successful at the expense of other areas of need on the Offense(OLine). If he can't get his defense to consistently show up every week and play to their full potential, then I have to question what is the real value that Zimmer brings as a Head Coach? The freefall started toward the end of last year before the playoffs and has progressively gotten worse. It's like a hangover that never goes away. 

My main concern with the D is the interior pass rush.  Not very often did Richardson or Joseph make Goff uncomfortable.  I noticed Hunter was getting doubled, but pretty much one on one for the rest of the guys, and Goff had time.

Not sure if that's fixable or not. Sheldon has made some plays, but I was expecting more from him than what I've seen so far. 

Zim better get creative now that we're down to 2 DEs up front.  Wentz will pick the D apart, if we can't pressure him.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:

Me too, pumpf. Don't want to hear it, just do it. Z needs to live by his words. 

I was listening to this talk radio show out of Vegas yesterday on Fox.  It is actually really interesting stuff on how they set spreads etc.  Anyway, the odds maker they were interviewing said that at least in Vegas Zimmer is considered one of the 4 best coaches in the league.  They said the top four were Belichek, Reed, McVay and Zimmer.  I'm pretty sure they were talking against the spread, just thought that was real interesting.