Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Mankato...
I always assumed that Mr. Mankato was someone that overperformed in camp against backups and camp fillers but wasn't likely to replicate that in the regular season.

So hopefully Cook is out.  Hodges is a good bet.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I always assumed that Mr. Mankato was someone that overperformed in camp against backups and camp fillers but wasn't likely to replicate that in the regular season.

You mean like Thielen he was literally Mr Mankato.

Quote: @"greediron" said:

It typically was someone who impressed in Training Camp and had everyone buzzing...  Adam Thielen is one of the few successful Mr. Mankato's in recent years.

I agree with greediron, gotta be a player playing well till the games count for real.
I'll go with Adams.

I like Jaleel Johnson and Rodney Adams. I really like Adams as he could come in and do well in the return game right away

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"greediron" said:

You mean like Thielen he was literally Mr Mankato.
Yes he was.  One of the few that went from August All-star to regular season contributor.

This almost has to be a skill player.  I think there are too many people already excited about Adams, Floyd, Hodges and Cook for them to be Mr. Mankato.  To me, Mr. Mankato has to come out of nowhere and get people talking.  So I'll run with Isaac Fruechte.  He's following the Adam Thielen "work for it" route into the NFL.  

I'm also rooting for MoBo to be that guy.  He's not exactly an obscure player, but I don't think very many people actually believe in him becoming a contributing player.  I want to see him go off for 8 catches and 100 yards in a preseason game.       

Mobo was who I thought of as far as being obscure. For those who are in between obscurity and hopeful I will go with Rodney Adams. I really like this kid and think he has the work ethic and motivation to become a contributor even outside returning kicks.

ttt  B)