Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somehow the Vikings turned into...
Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
we have injuries to Easton and the late entry of elflein, a death to sporano, and the fact our D has no ID this year. That is our problem. We are looking for ourselves. With EG losing his mind, BRob and Newman gone, and suddenly going from ball control to passing 50+ times a game, we have no ID. However, we are still in every game (except for the game we SHOULD'VE WON!!!).
The Bears are figuring it out faster than us. They have LT-Mack and a red-hot Trubisky going nuts to start. GB isn't in any better shoes than us and they have used up all their home games.
And let's remember, at this time last year we were 2-2 and I was fully expecting us to finish 8-8 if we were LUCKY.

I'd rather have growing pains right in the beginning and then - as people have stated - "find ourselves" in the middle of the season and get hot like I know we're capable of.

Our only hope is that during the off-season, Zim identified what NO and Philly were doing and it's still taking the D time to learn the adjustments.
I really can't see any other explanation for the D downturn that leaves us with hope.