Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And So It Begins...

For 3 of the 4 games flippers play calling has been in question....now he's the next head coach?

The stupidity of the headline makes it impossible to even open the story.

Please... Flip can't even figure out what to do with the O-Line blocking schemes, quick hitters/screens to overcome the O-Line inefficiency's or simulating anything that remotely resembles a running game. Could you imagine adding our abortion of a defense and our crappy special teams to his duties! That is just a stupid article and point of view...  

Lay off the pipe Charley.
youre showing the world how F'KING stupid you are

We were a TD (The Theilein one where he wasn't touched) away from beating the best team in the NFL this year at their house.......with OUR FANS

No one could foresee the Griffen situation, but I agree that he is "the straw that stirs the drink" as someone here posted. 

Dont  to even bother clicking into it, it's a minute of your life you'll never get back

Desperation for clicks is so unsightly...

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Lay off the pipe Charley.
youre showing the world how F'KING stupid you are

We were a TD (The Theilein one where he wasn't touched) away from beating the best team in the NFL this year at their house.......with OUR FANS

No one could foresee the Griffen situation, but I agree that he is "the straw that stirs the drink" as someone here posted. 

Dont  to even bother clicking into it, it's a minute of your life you'll never get back
He was also pulled out to end a drive which he was vehemently opposed to. He wasn't the only one. 

This baseless speculation about DeFilippo is absolutely ridiculous. He is nowhere near ready to take over the team. That could be the plan at some point. I have heard that before. But it would be unreasonable and unrealistic now. He needs time and familiarity. The team needs stability and to ride the storm out. It will pass. 

Well that was a waste of 2 minutes. 

I'm concerned with this team - and Zimmer - too. But let's not panic yet. Something is wrong with the defense but Zimmer has always been a defensive guy. Give him a LITTLE time to fix it.

Hell, we went into the season losing an offensive line coach, offensive line injuries, and then Griffen apparently has a mental breakdown and (I'm guessing) is done for the year. 

This is what adversity looks like. If we somehow find a way to beat the Eagles next week, we'll be talking about a Super Bowl again. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
For 3 of the 4 games flippers play calling has been in question....now he's the next head coach?

The stupidity of the headline makes it impossible to even open the story.
It's the "peter principle" which is demonstrated by rising to the highest level of incompetence.  HC is a higher level than OC so would be an upward move toward the Peter Principle for the flipper...

Sorry Charlie, could you travel back in time and choose a different career?  B) 

Further down in that same column we find this:

Anthony Barr’s performance in the Vikings’ 38-31 loss to the Rams — the outside linebacker got scorched for two TDs — sealed any chance he had for a contract extension. Barr, 26, making $12.3 million this season, can become a free agent next year.