Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everson Griffen Update
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 5m5 minutes ago
More
While his teammates prepare to face the #Rams tonight, #Vikings DE Everson Griffen is expected to finish his mental health evaluation today, per source. He'll address the situation publicly soon. Mike Zimmer said Tuesday the team is only concerned about Griffen getting better.

Wow - this will be an interesting press conference with Griffen addressing the issue.

This whole situation reminded me of what happened with the Center for the Raiders back in 2003 Super Bowl:

A distraction for the Raiders was that starting center Barret Robbins went missing for most of the week leading up to the Super Bowl, and ended up in a San Diego hospital the night before the game after suffering a manic episode.

The day before Super Bowl XXXVII, Robbins was reported as missing for most of the day before the game after not taking his depression medication. When he resurfaced that night, he was so incoherent that Callahan left him off the roster.[1][2] He spent 30 days at the Betty Ford Center, during which time he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (or manic-depressive disorder). He'd been diagnosed with depression while at TCU, but it is common for the two to be confused in the early stages. It turned out that he had gone into a manic episode after not taking his medication. Robbins, according to his wife, had spent most of the day before the Super Bowl partying across the border in Tijuana, Mexico; he had thought the Raiders already won the game and he was celebrating their "victory"

Anyways, that what I thought about when I read what happened to Griff. Man I hope he comes out of this ok and is able to resume his career.