Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Everson Griffen involved in weekend incident at Minneapolis hotel
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
I just think it is unwise to speculate about it.  Mental health conditions have so many possible sources, and really it isn't that important for me to guess at the why.  Just hope he is okay and getting help.
Its not hurting anyone to speculate on a Viking message board. If you don't want to guess or discuss, that's very cool. But its fine for others to, we all understand we have no idea for sure. There are no definites in this other than its very sad and we all hope he'll be ok.
although I am not convinced that some of what we hypothsize /discuss /speculate/ fling feces at the wall.... on these boards doesnt get picked up and ran with by the twitter media as gospel at times.    I know that back on PT when I listed to KFan all day that we would have a fairly original conversation in the morning or the night before and KFan would use it as a talking point for a later segment of a show.  I brought it up that perhaps we were being topic mined and one poster got really really defensive (i dont recall who,  but I remeber thinking we had a KFan employee in our midst.)

A combination of things are at play. There is the emotional/mental, physical, situational and environmental as well as genetics. That is a lot of things to consider. From the outside looking in, people are thinking he has a pretty good life and a lot to be grateful for. Of course he knows that but then that can feed guilt and shame. Then there is the societal perception of look at this big, tough man going through this. It can happen to anyone. Of course as curious beings, we always want to know why. 

The pressure and exhaustion of trying to hold it together can be overwhelming. But the strength and courage it takes to face it is phenomenal. To have it splashed everywhere in the media has to be hard to stomach. And as friends and loved ones, they are thinking why is this happening and they are feeling helpless. The person suffering feels helpless. Mental illness is an enormous problem that can swallow you whole. Your mind can take you in so many directions and down a long and winding road. And treatment is a chaotic process as well. I am hoping for the best possible outcome.