Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still nothing about a kicker?
I'm not on Twitter... so my only Viking news comes from here.  And there isn't a post about our "new kicker".  Is Bailey holding out for more money?  Did he fail his physical?  Are we waiting to see if he's got a strong enough mind to deal with Priefer?  Any news at all?  Rumors of news?

just speculation, but they could be working on a trade...?

Yup.  More "pieces" to fall before the final dollar amounts are provided. 

Zimmer’s new philosophy is to never kick an XP or FG again. He’s always going for the TD and the 2 point conversion.

Dan Bailey turns down higher offers to sign $2 million deal with Vikings
[Image: gettyimages-8981426942-e1537309824376.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Dan Bailey signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Vikings, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.
Bailey was due to make $3.4 million in base salary this season and count $4.2 million against the Cowboys’ cap, part of the reason Dallas released him.
He must really want to win a Super Bowl and believes the Vikings provide his best route of getting there, because the NFL’s second-most accurate kicker turned down several offers that were double what the Vikings offered on multi-year deals, according to Rapoport.
Bailey worked out for the Jets the week after the Cowboys cut him, but he bided his time until he found the right fit.
He has made 88.2 percent of his career field-goal attempts, though back and groin injuries led to five missed field goals and two extra points last season.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/18/dan-bailey-turns-down-higher-offers-to-sign-2-million-deal-with-vikings/

sounds good to me... B)
Bailey has made 186 of 211 career field goals, good for an accuracy rate of 88.2 percent. That is the second-best percentage by an NFL kicker in league history.
Bailey has made 154 of 166 field goals (92.7 percent) from 49 or fewer yards in his career. He is 27 out of 40 on kicks 50 yards or longer.

Bailey has made 97 of 99 extra point attempts since the NFL moved the kick to a 33-yard distance in 2015.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
sounds good to me... B)
Bailey has made 186 of 211 career field goals, good for an accuracy rate of 88.2 percent. That is the second-best percentage by an NFL kicker in league history.
Bailey has made 154 of 166 field goals (92.7 percent) from 49 or fewer yards in his career. He is 27 out of 40 on kicks 50 yards or longer.

Bailey has made 97 of 99 extra point attempts since the NFL moved the kick to a 33-yard distance in 2015.
would be nice to not worry when the kicker trots on the field.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Kentis" said:
sounds good to me... B)

we judt have to answer whether were getting the 2017 Bailey or the pre2017 bailey. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Kentis" said:
sounds good to me... B)

we judt have to answer whether were getting the 2017 Bailey or the pre2017 bailey. 
Well the answer is tied to his health, & yes he’s now healthy. He’s only 30, should have many good years left.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
I'm not on Twitter... so my only Viking news comes from here.  And there isn't a post about our "new kicker".  Is Bailey holding out for more money?  Did he fail his physical?  Are we waiting to see if he's got a strong enough mind to deal with Priefer?  Any news at all?  Rumors of news?
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
OK Chill