Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long have you been a Vikings fan?
1973-1974 somewhat1975 Very hard

Wow, bunch of old F'ers y'all are...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
LOL! Was just about to say the same... I didn't get slapped in the ass as @"Mike Olson" put it until 1982... My pops was/is a die-hard Vikings fan and passed the curse along to me... Love ya Dad! 

Ever since I can remember
I was born the same year as the Vikings
I’m not gonna be on this planet forever either
 :p 

early 90s as a young kid.  i used to play catch and toss with neighborhood kids - I remember getting an old football nintendo game where you could be the Minnesota Vikings - one of the kids I played with was into collecting football cards, and he really liked Jerry Rice. I started watching games and loved Cris Carter. I remember collecting cards myself and trading my Rices for his Carters. We'd sim seasons and then play head to head 49ers-Vikings if/when they matched up in the post-season. They had a full roster or real players on there, even though it was a dated roster by a couple seasons... 

I loved watching games just to see something spectacular. I'd try to record them on VHS lol... We had a couple "Classic Football" VHS tapes that had top plays, players and bloopers that I loved watching. We had this old white Vikings book with a gold norseman that contained box scores/recaps of an old Super Bowl season (I can't remember the year) that I liked flipping through. 

I went to a game at the Metrodome in 94 when I was 8, a dramatic win against the 49ers of all teams. Sean Salisbury was our QB and we opened the scoring with a fumble recovery returned for a TD. The 49ers got Rice involved a bit, Carter didn't do a whole lot, the 9ers pulled Young early and we won. It was one of only a few loses for the 9ers that season and it put us at 10 wins over the 9 win Packers, Lions and Bears as well as the 6 win Bucs to clinch the NFC Central. The players looked like ants from out seats, the Jumbotron at the stadium was one of my favorite things about the game... and blow up, inflatable Vikings helmets. I wanted one bad. ... there was a "PEEON DEION" sign handing from the balcony lol... nachos... it was a good time.

Luv me some Viking football...for 49 years.

When they got a player who wore # 88. This man was so strong and fast superman could not block him.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I prefer experienced F'er but now we're just mincing words.