Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim Mentioned Bringing In A KR
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
We will regret losing Patterson.
not likely.

assuming that we can replace him with an "avg" kick returner,  considering he only had an average of 2 returns per game,  we will be giving up a whopping 12 yards per game of field position and .44 points per game.
Considering how razor thin the difference can be between winning and losing, I'd prefer having a difference maker available in the field position battle...
You have to have momentum changers on your team, Patterson was absolutely a game changer. He would strike fear into opposing teams.

He was bigger than the numbers Jimmy posted.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
not likely.

assuming that we can replace him with an "avg" kick returner,  considering he only had an average of 2 returns per game,  we will be giving up a whopping 12 yards per game of field position and .44 points per game.
Considering how razor thin the difference can be between winning and losing, I'd prefer having a difference maker available in the field position battle...
You have to have momentum changers on your team, Patterson was absolutely a game changer. He would strike fear into opposing teams.

Not being a smart ass here, but you really think he was bigger than those numbers?

I live in Bears country and when they had Hester he struck fear into me, i think he had the potential to go the distance every time he returned a kick.

However, living amongst Bears fans, a lot of them thought he was a wasted roster position, specially when they overpaid for him when it came contract time.

So, i think its more about personal belief not necessarily that opponents thought he was such a huge threat.He really only returned Kick offs. 

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
not likely.

When in a drought....everybody prays for rain...when it's raining nobody remembers the drought.  CP had some monster returns,  but he also had plenty of WTFs.

Quote: @"JimkiwimyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
not likely.

When in a drought....everybody prays for rain...when it's raining nobody remembers the drought.  CP had some monster returns,  but he also had plenty of WTFs.
Every time a team kicked to him, they were thinking about rain.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
not likely.

Not being a smart ass here, but you really think he was bigger than those numbers?

I live in Bears country and when they had Hester he struck fear into me, i think he had the potential to go the distance every time he returned a kick.

However, living amongst Bears fans, a lot of them thought he was a wasted roster position, specially when they overpaid for him when it came contract time.

So, i think its more about personal belief not necessarily that opponents thought he was such a huge threat.He really only returned Kick offs. 
I don't know, I guess we will find out.  

I think he will be a major asset to the Raiders. 

Our lack of offense is what made Patterson an asset, gave "us" hope.  There were not a lot of game changes last year when it came to us scoring points, he was like a lottery ticket, cheap dreams, one play wonder.  His TDs were like a .250 slugger hitting 30 Hr's on a loosing team, made you cheer, while sitting in 3rd for a wild card.

What I'm reading is that Coley is outperforming Adams right now for rookie WRs in camp.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Prie...d1ae83df31

The Vikings have ranked third or better in average starting field position after kickoffs in each season under Priefer:

2011: 24.5 (third)

2012: 24.6 (second)

2013: 27.2 (first)

2014: 25.1 (second)

2015: 25.0 (first)

2016: 26.9 (second)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Prie...d1ae83df31

The Vikings have ranked third or better in average starting field position after kickoffs in each season under Priefer:

2011: 24.5 (third)

2012: 24.6 (second)

2013: 27.2 (first)

2014: 25.1 (second)

2015: 25.0 (first)

2016: 26.9 (second)
So while Patterson is a beast  on KR the real weapon may be the unit itself.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
What I'm reading is that Coley is outperforming Adams right now for rookie WRs in camp.
I was afraid Coley was a wasted pick because the reports on him from Miami all said he tended to coast on his talent. But he is very talented, and some college underachievers get pretty shocked when they slide really far on draft day. If Coley is playing like he has something to prove, he can beat out Adams.

WR is really a scramble after Thielen and Diggs. Treadwell will make the team, but for the next 3 spots (while Floyd is out), does anyone yet have an idea how the order will play out? A lot depends on whether Jarius Wright is out of the doghouse.