Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He didn't fall down...
The Hughs pick six play was caused from a panicked, crappy throw by Jimmy G.  Yes, the WR did slip while lunging for a way off-target throw, but that's not why it was picked off.  The announcer kept blaming the WR for the pick.  I just saw it as a poor decision by Garoppolo when trying to avoid the sack.  His receiver never had a chance for that ball.

See it here:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018090904/2018/REG1/49ers@vikings#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000959550&tab=videos

Yep. They don't want to give credit. They are hyping Jimmy G. He is good but the look in his eyes when he saw the defense coming for him and he locked eyes on his receiver was quite pleasurable. You could see it coming. 

Impossible to say for sure without knowing the plan, but it looked to me like the receiver was supposed to run a stop route and ran an out instead.

Ok, if Garoppolo threw it where he thought the WR should be, then for sure the pick wasn't from the WR falling. It just bugged me the announcer kept saying the WR fell down, and that's why Hughs got the ball.

I don't know. He might have cut the wrong way and tripped over his own feet trying to get back. There was pressure in G's face which did hurry the throw. It was a huge play for us. That and the forced fumble at the one. Those were big time plays that saved a game for us. Smiths INT was the closer.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
I don't know. He might have cut the wrong way and tripped over his own feet trying to get back. There was pressure in G's face which did hurry the throw. It was a huge play for us. That and the forced fumble at the one. Those were big time plays that saved a game for us. Smiths INT was the closer.
Suncoast, did you watch the replay in the original post above?  I can clearly see the WR slip while lunging.  Hughs was the only guy near the ball and it came right to him.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
Suncoast, did you watch the replay in the original post above?  I can clearly see the WR slip while lunging.  Hughs was the only guy near the ball and it came right to him.
Yeah I also read where he said he ran the wrong route. All I'm saying now is he was on trying to get back to it and slipped. I'm not trying to say we didn't create the havoc. I admit now I understated the fact pressure in JG's face hurried it.