Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we fired our punter
Maybe Quigley was planning to get involved with gay rights.

Quote: @AGRforever said:

@Caactorvike said:
This smacks of either a panic move by Priefer or a locker room conflict.  By all accounts Quigley is a nice guy and I find the locker room theory hard to sccept.  Possible but not probable.  That leaves Priefer.  ST did not perform well in preseason.  I think it makes more sense Quigley was Priefer's fall guy.  Quigley put a lot of punts inside the 20. That may not have helped his net aversge but its a significant fact.  I hope Wile pays off of course  but i cant help but think this is at best a lateral move.
the article dirrectly says it was a hang time issue and that the new guy has similar hang time as quigley last year
so then the decision doesnt have to do with hang time.  What does it have to do with?

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
@AGRforever said:

@Caactorvike said:
This smacks of either a panic move by Priefer or a locker room conflict.  By all accounts Quigley is a nice guy and I find the locker room theory hard to sccept.  Possible but not probable.  That leaves Priefer.  ST did not perform well in preseason.  I think it makes more sense Quigley was Priefer's fall guy.  Quigley put a lot of punts inside the 20. That may not have helped his net aversge but its a significant fact.  I hope Wile pays off of course  but i cant help but think this is at best a lateral move.
the article dirrectly says it was a hang time issue and that the new guy has similar hang time as quigley last year
so then the decision doesnt have to do with hang time.  What does it have to do with?
It is about hang time, Caactor.  Quigley was around 4.5 secs in 2017, but dipped down to barely 4 secs during preseason this year.

This new guy has almost a half second more hang time than Quigley has had during preseason...  which coincidentally...  Is slightly better than Quigley was during the 2017 season.

So basically the Vikings want a punter that can get at least 4.5 seconds of hang time.  Quigley wasn't doing that in the 4 preseason games this year so they got a new punter that can.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Caactorvike said:
@AGRforever said:

@Caactorvike said:
It is about hang time, Caactor.  Quigley was around 4.5 secs in 2017, but dipped down to barely 4 secs during preseason this year.

This new guy has almost a half second more hang time than Quigley has had during preseason...  which coincidentally...  Is slightly better than Quigley was during the 2017 season.

So basically the Vikings want a punter that can get at least 4.5 seconds of hang time.  Quigley wasn't doing that in the 4 preseason games this year so they got a new punter that can.
thanks Wet!

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
@Wetlander said:
@Caactorvike said:
@AGRforever said:

@Caactorvike said:

thanks Wet!

The HORROR!!!

I think this smacks of a team doing everything it possibly can to improve itself before going into what they expect to be a championship season. I think this team now trusts its analytics more than ever and the punter replacement is a result of that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think this smacks of a team doing everything it possibly can to improve itself before going into what they expect to be a championship season. I think this team now trusts its analytics more than ever and the punter replacement is a result of that. 
Even without analytics it was quite apparent that something wasn't clicking on punts coverage this preseason.