Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Statement From Spielman On Floyd
Quote: @VikeMike52 said:
I think 4 or less even after this.  1 day in and finish house arrest is a huge win.
Which is why I think Goodell drops the hammer.  This looks to him like Floyd basically skating after 5 positive tests, so Roger's going to make up for it.  I'll guess 8 games.

Quote: @RS Express said:
@VikeMike52 said:
I think 4 or less even after this.  1 day in and finish house arrest is a huge win.
Which is why I think Goodell drops the hammer.  This looks to him like Floyd basically skating after 5 positive tests, so Roger's going to make up for it.  I'll guess 8 games.
Regardless of the number of tests failed, this will be Floyd's first suspension as an NFL player; he is still at "stage one" of the intervention program, right? So he and his agent and the NFLPA will scream bloody murder if he is suspended for more than 4 games. The lowest option for a 6 game suspension is: "A suspension without pay of six (6) regular and/or postseason games
(including the Pro Bowl, if selected) if he was previously suspended
for Stage Two noncompliance
" Floyd has not been suspended before.

He won't get more than 4 games. I know, Goodell seems like King Joffrey at times, but I just don't see him going way beyond the NFLPA contract terms.

Wait I thought they didn't release what stage a player was at or has that changed. Used to be you didn't know beyond speculation what stage a player was at in the process. 

It won't be less than 4 games and I think there's a chance it could be 6.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Wait I thought they didn't release what stage a player was at or has that changed. Used to be you didn't know beyond speculation what stage a player was at in the process. 
You are probably right because I can't find a reliable list of players/stages. But I can't see how he would be at Stage 2 without ever being suspended for games while playing in the NFL. Even if he is somehow secretly at stage 2, he wouldn't get 6 games unless it was a 2nd suspension. I think predicting a half-season ban can only be due to some of us Vikings fans getting a persecution complex..

I think you might have it right @Jor-El

He could be stage two if they take into consideration the college DUI...which has happened previously...