Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLOTER/BEEBE
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Siemian hasn't looked good this PS, but it's pre-season.

I would be more nervous turning the keys of the Maserati over to Sloter when the games start counting. And Zim/RS have created a Maserati of a team even though it hasn't steam-rolled everyone by 20 pts. 

You can't teach experience and I've never seen Sloter against anything resembling a starting caliber defense. As Guru points out, is he playing catch and beating 3rd stringers? Or playing within a system?

Next year?  I'll bet Sloter has a chance to make the #2 behind Capt'n Kirk. 

Agree with jimmy, Beebe has made the team. Zylstra maybe the practice squad. 
With the Oline RS has put together there is a chance we’ll see Sloter this year....  unfortunately.  

I just love Sloter's enthusiasm and passion. He loves the game and his teammates and you can clearly see that. He is having fun out there. He is a smart guy that works hard. Siemian has been so inconsistent. I understand he has experience but....

I like Beebe because he is so determined to do the work to get the job done. He puts himself in the right spot to have an impact.

Like Beebe's speed and route running.  I would like to see him against better defenders but I am rooting for him.
https://purpleptsd.com/vikings-sign-the-...edy-beebe/

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Siemian hasn't looked good this PS, but it's pre-season.

I would be more nervous turning the keys of the Maserati over to Sloter when the games start counting. And Zim/RS have created a Maserati of a team even though it hasn't steam-rolled everyone by 20 pts. 

You can't teach experience and I've never seen Sloter against anything resembling a starting caliber defense. As Guru points out, is he playing catch and beating 3rd stringers? Or playing within a system?

Next year?  I'll bet Sloter has a chance to make the #2 behind Capt'n Kirk. 

Agree with jimmy, Beebe has made the team. Zylstra maybe the practice squad. 
I know what your saying about experience. I just believe Trevor is damaged goods...imo.
He looks afraid to let it rip. If he takes the over we are not a Maserati anymore. I don't like his velocity or his accuracy. That has nothing to do with pre-season level of competition. He floats them or bounces them. Sloter rifles them. The ball comes out and gets there quicker. That's power and you can't teach that. I would rather have Sloter take over if God help us something happens to Kirk. Not that we wouldn't be screwed either way. Sloter will more likely be #2 next year as you say. So why wait? It's cool I like your opinion here and understand it's logic. I just don't share it. 

Trevor is here to solely be a Game Manager if something happens to Kirk.

No way in hell that Zimmer wants Sloter coming in and winging it around in real games when he's got a dominant Defense.

Look, vanilla preseason game plans are Kryptonite to guys who do best with lots of motion and quick hit passing. And they're perfect for guys who can scramble and fling it. 

Keenum didnt exactly light the preseason on fire last year. 

How is Beebe doing it?  I dunno.  This guy was rated the 109th best WR coming out of the draft and he has a LOT of trouble cracking a 4.6
But he can play.  I keep thinking the clock is going to strike midnight soon and his carriage is going to turn back into a pumpkin.

Quote: [Image: maw3s5bukbpy.jpg]@"Vikergirl" said:
Sloter has moxie.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Trevor is here to solely be a Game Manager if something happens to Kirk.

No way in hell that Zimmer wants Sloter coming in and winging it around in real games when he's got a dominant Defense.

Look, vanilla preseason game plans are Kryptonite to guys who do best with lots of motion and quick hit passing. And they're perfect for guys who can scramble and fling it. 
Most of the 3rd stringers are told to play fast and not overthink.  Great in the preseason, but that isn't how it works in the regular games.  Otherwise Leaf and Vick and Kapernick would be HOF and Brady would be selling insurance.