Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings: Mike Zimmer takes blame for some of Trae Waynes’ struggles
MANKATO — A day before Vikings veterans arrive to training camp, head coach Mike Zimmer took some of the blame for Trae Waynes’ lack of productivity since the team selected him in the first round in 2015.
“When he came in, he had a lot to learn,” Zimmer said Tuesday at training camp. “I probably messed him up a little bit by trying to play him at nickel some. I was giving him a little more to do with some of that. He’s not a real talkative guy, he’s pretty quiet and reserved in the things he’s done.”
Zimmer said he believes Wayne has learned a lot from teammates such as Terence Newman and Xavier Rhodes, as well as defensive backs coach Jerry Gray.
“I think he’s handled it really well,” Zimmer said. “I think this will be a big year for him, hopefully he comes in and he plays great. That’s what we’re expecting.”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/25/vik...struggles/

Never did like when they ask rookies to learn multiple positions the first year.   They do this with lineman too.   Think they should learn one the first year.  Then expand if needed.