Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalil
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
Just happy the Vikings finally said, "Show Matt a door out."
Hmmmmm. Weren't you the guy defending this dude until he left?
Yes.  I was wrong about him.  I tend towards the homerish side and stand up for Viking players.  Sometimes to the point of being wrong.  I will say this, he wasn't as bad as many made him out to be.  I remember it being said that Charlie Johnson was better than Kalil.  He was good enough to play, but maddeningly inconsistent.  And yes, always using injury as an excuse.

This discussion kind of reminds me about my post about Fusco and how I and many others made excuses for his poor play after so much promise.  Maybe the hardest thing to judge in the NFL is how someone will pay after being paid.  With Kalil, he was paid well throughout his first contract and his play deteriorated after the first year.  The first year gave just enough hint of promise to keep him through all 5 years.  Fusco, on the other hand, didn't make good money until he signed his second contract tan then his play went downhill.  I think the Zimmer Vikes have done a pretty good job recently judging which players are motivated by money and which are motivated to be great players.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
Hmmmmm. Weren't you the guy defending this dude until he left?
Yes.  I was wrong about him.  I tend towards the homerish side and stand up for Viking players.  Sometimes to the point of being wrong.  I will say this, he wasn't as bad as many made him out to be.  I remember it being said that Charlie Johnson was better than Kalil.  He was good enough to play, but maddeningly inconsistent.  And yes, always using injury as an excuse.
A very good response, greed....I appreciate your honesty. Thumbs up. Not everyone will admit to it.

Quote: @greediron said:
We didn't show Matt the door, we got outbid.  Thank you Carolina.