Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dez Bryant
I was listening to sports radio this morning and over heard them discussing Dez and his last rant against all things Cowboys.  They wondered if he was hurting his chances on hooking up to another team with his penchant for slamming anyone who is slightly critical of is play or preparation.  My thoughts were didn't he himself say that he was going to work with a wr's coach in the offseason to learn the route tree.  Basically the same thing that several teammates felt he needed to work and now he feels vilified for them suggesting it

If we were playing that word association game here. I would say...dumb@ss.

Not sure why any team would consider bringing this malcontent onboard to poison your team's culture.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
If we were playing that word association game here. I would say...dumb@ss.
Pretty much sums it up. His colossal ego gets in the way and that's the reputation he has. He was given advice to improve but he realized it a bit late. 

He's always been a dick but this could be one of those times where there are two sides to the story, from what I've read.

He's the reason that one NFL coach decided to remain "retired" rather than return to coaching.  (He wanted to return to coaching- but was asked to coach the Cowboys WRs.)

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
He's the reason that one NFL coach decided to remain "retired" rather than return to coaching.  (He wanted to return to coaching- but was asked to coach the Cowboys WRs.)
couldnt have happened to a better team....  we all knew that dez was going to be a head case coming out of college and the last place a talented but mentally weak person should go is dallas.

So while I don't think the timing of his comments were ideal, I actually don't disagree with what he said. When a team releases a player the relationship is over and each go their separate ways. Stephen Jones really shouldn't be using Dez as a scapegoat to defend players still on the roster. For one, they chose to release Dez and should have moved on at this point. Second, its a weak argument to blame a player no longer on your roster. Have some accountability. Dez should be entitled to a rebuttal in that case. 

Switch the scenarios around and say that your ex is slandering your name, you're not supposed to defend yourself? 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
So while I don't think the timing of his comments were ideal, I actually don't disagree with what he said. When a team releases a player the relationship is over and each go their separate ways. Stephen Jones really shouldn't be using Dez as a scapegoat to defend players still on the roster. For one, they chose to release Dez and should have moved on at this point. Second, its a weak argument to blame a player no longer on your roster. Have some accountability. Dez should be entitled to a rebuttal in that case. 

Switch the scenarios around and say that your ex is slandering your name, you're not supposed to defend yourself? 
he is most certainly entitled to a defense,   but he is still a mentally challenged player.  and it couldnt happen to a better franchise.