Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer's got his work cut out for himself...
Mourning the loss of a friend
Coaching staff shuffle
Getting players heads right  - as much as a coach can impact this
Potential CG hang-over

The poor guy just can't catch a break as head coach of this team.  Dealing with AP's shit (suspensions and injuries), Teddy's knee, half the team going down after the 5-0 start, Bradford going down, Cook going down, etc.

Obviously this trumps it all.  Really hope the team can somehow dedicate this season to Sparano and succeed in spite of their grief.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
The poor guy just can't catch a break as head coach of this team.  Dealing with AP's shit (suspensions and injuries), Teddy's knee, half the team going down after the 5-0 start, Bradford going down, Cook going down, etc.

Obviously this trumps it all.  Really hope the team can somehow dedicate this season to Sparano and succeed in spite of their grief.
If not for bad luck, no luck at all for Zimmer in his tenure in Minnesota. 

some stuff can be used as an excuse for a disappointing season,  as much as this sucks for the team, and as much as he was loved,  stripping it down,  losing an offensive line coach a month and a half before the season should not derail a season if the players are sound mentally.   I am sure this is more than just losing a coach to some, but they are professional athletes that have dealt with other sudden changes throughout their careers and this has to be dealt with in a manner that allows them to find swift closure and to be in a position mentally to honor the man instead of grieving over his loss sooner than later.   This has to be treated like a loss,  a great loss not doubt,  but take a "day"  to process and then get onto preparing for the next game.  

Condolences to the Sparano family.  The challenge as a team going forward is the mindset of who steps up to fill his role in preparation of the oline going forward

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
some stuff can be used as an excuse for a disappointing season,  as much as this sucks for the team, and as much as he was loved,  stripping it down,  losing an offensive line coach a month and a half before the season should not derail a season if the players are sound mentally.   I am sure this is more than just losing a coach to some, but they are professional athletes that have dealt with other sudden changes throughout their careers and this has to be dealt with in a manner that allows them to find swift closure and to be in a position mentally to honor the man instead of grieving over his loss sooner than later.   This has to be treated like a loss,  a great loss not doubt,  but take a "day"  to process and then get onto preparing for the next game.  
agreed Jimmy.  Big loss for the Sparano family and for the Viking family, but as far as derailing the season, I agree with you.  The timing is as good as it will get for the team (they aren't around and will have time to grieve on their own.)  When camp starts, it won't be as fresh, it can be used positively I hope and the team can bond and carry on. 

The big loss for the team will be the coaching and that consistent voice in their ear.  Hopefully they find a good one to keep the improvements going.

All things are ready if our minds be so...@JimmyinSD said:
Quote:
"All things are ready if our minds be so...." Zim just needs to hire Kenneth Branagh to deliver this speech at training camp. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
All things are ready if our minds be so...@JimmyinSD said:

"All things are ready if our minds be so...." Zim just needs to hire Kenneth Branagh to deliver this speech at training camp. 

One of my all time favorites.  We few, we happy few...