Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parent Brag - "Anti-Packer"
So as I posted a couple weeks ago my daughter is spending time with grandparents in WI. before her senior year in HS. Varsity Pom, Great GPA, balances social life, friends, family, work, etc.  Just a well grounded kid. Heading to Univ. of Hawaii. We will be in Maui the next couple weeks looking for our retirement home, so I won't be frequenting here so much in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I guess they drove her up to Lambeau....you know....the field where the Packers used to play half their home games.....

She sends back pics of her giving 'Ol Curly's place the double bird.

Love and miss that kid.

VIKES fans may be short on faith, but you just can't find more DEVOTED fans.

What a proud moment.
I agree. Viking fans are truly devoted, however somewhat jaded. Every time I hear a Packer, Steeler, Patriot or any of the multi championship teams say. We have the greatest fans. I'm like...yeah right. It's easy to be a fan of that team. I have a saying I like. If being a Viking fan was easy. Everyone would do it. 

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
What a proud moment.
I agree. Viking fans are truly devoted, however somewhat jaded. Every time I hear a Packer, Steeler, Patriot or any of the multi championship teams say. We have the greatest fans. I'm like...yeah right. It's easy to be a fan of that team. I have a saying I like. If being a Viking fan was easy. Everyone would do it. 
you know though,  aside from not ever reaching the ultimate goal... we have had it pretty damn good for a long time.  I can probably count on 1 hand the number of years that they entered a season where I really didnt have at least a little optimism.  there are teams out there who have gone decades where their fans had little to no hope of the playoffs.  at least we are usually entertained for 4-5 months before our hearts are broken.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
What a proud moment.
you know though,  aside from not ever reaching the ultimate goal... we have had it pretty damn good for a long time.  I can probably count on 1 hand the number of years that they entered a season where I really didnt have at least a little optimism.  there are teams out there who have gone decades where their fans had little to no hope of the playoffs.  at least we are usually entertained for 4-5 months before our hearts are broken.
Better to have hope crushed then no hope at all. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
So as I posted a couple weeks ago my daughter is spending time with grandparents in WI. before her senior year in HS. Varsity Pom, Great GPA, balances social life, friends, family, work, etc.  Just a well grounded kid. Heading to Univ. of Hawaii. We will be in Maui the next couple weeks looking for our retirement home, so I won't be frequenting here so much in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I guess they drove her up to Lambeau....you know....the field where the Packers used to play half their home games.....

She sends back pics of her giving 'Ol Curly's place the double bird.

Love and miss that kid.

VIKES fans may be short on faith, but you just can't find more DEVOTED fans.
Frankly I am disappointed.  I was sure I would have heard of another arrest...