Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitzgerald; No plans to retire...
Fitzgerald, who will turn 35 this fall, noted he’s not the only “older” athlete to produce at a high level, noting 36-year-old Serena Williams played in another Wimbledon final over the weekend, and 33-year-old LeBron James is still the best men’s basketball player in the world. 
“It doesn’t really matter about the age, it’s about what you put into it and your mind-set,” he said. “Everybody kind of takes numbers and assumes this is when it’s supposed to end. As an athlete, fortunately, you write your own script. If you still produce and you play at a high level, you kind of determine how long you want to play. If I can stay at a high level, I still keep destiny in my own hands.” 
Fitzgerald said he still feels good, enjoys the competition and loves being around his teammates. One of those new teammates will be former Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford, who signed with Arizona this offseason. Fitzgerald said it’s been “great” working with Bradford, calling him “one of the pure passers in the National Football League.” 
“There’s nothing he can’t do in terms of throwing the football. It’s so effortless,” Fitzgerald said. “He’s really picked up the system really quickly and helped me along the way, so I’m excited about our future.” 
Bradford is in Arizona partly because Kirk Cousins is in Minnesota, not only because Cousins’ decision to join the Vikings precipitated Bradford’s departure, but because Cousins also chose Minnesota over Fitzgerald’s Cardinals. 
No hard feelings, according to Fitzgerald. 
“He made a decision of what was best with him and his family,” he said. “You can’t go wrong with the Vikings. They’re knocking on the door last year and they’re pretty much returning all of their offensive weapons, most of their defensive players are coming back, they have a franchise quarterback, got (running back) Dalvin Cook coming back healthy again. They’re going to be a real force to be reckoned with.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/16/la...e-vikings/

pure class,  would have loved to see him end up in Minnesota about 8 years ago.

I always hoped Fitz would find a way home. Never happened. He is a great teammate. Stayed loyal to the Cards. He will retire soon enough but not yet. 

He is so awesome. I am rooting for him. He is such a classy guy. I would have loved seeing him in purple. 

I like to imagine him showing up for Cardinals workouts wearing Vikes gear; getting ribbed by his teammates for his true passion - Arizona film sessions breaking down into '98 Viking analogies...