Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN.com: NFL's Best and Worst Offensive Arsenals
Packers are overrated at #23

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Kansas City? Nothing against Mahomes, but if your arsenal is driven by a QB who has yet to throw a TD in the NFL...I'm not buying. 
Agreed. All they talk about is the kid's arm strength, which is unique. But when did that ever matter in the success of a QB? It never does, but the media has mad love for it. I will say this, he's a really great young man. Very easy to root for, super polite. Works hard. I'm rooting for him, but he's got a TON to prove.
The article literally says that they aren't including the QBs contribution, OLine or Scheme.  They are trying to rank how good the skill positions are compared to each other, and how much they will help a young QB.
Yep, my bad for not communicating in which context I meant: Mahomes is always talked about, outside this particular article, for his arm strength. Ad nauseam. 
Yeah, I'm skeptical on Mahomes.  The media talks about him as if he's a sure thing.  I don't see it.

I think the Bears make a big jump on O...but to something like 19th not 9th...

I’m very skeptical of Mahomes as well but some guys can develop quicker than expected. For me, he has a pretty good arm probably similar to Russel Wilson in arm strength. However, I don’t think either can hang with Cousins on velocity. Unless Mahomes really improved, I think the talk about his arm has more to do with KC being used to Alex Smith spinning it.