Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF is not high on the Vikings’ offensive line
Every year, Pro Football Focus comes out with offensive line rankings before and after the season. The Minnesota Vikings were ranked 22nd at the conclusion of 2017. They are rated even lower heading into 2018.
PFF author Mike Renner rates the Vikings 28th, ahead of only Buffalo, Seattle, New York Jets and Houston.

Renner wrote:
Quote:While the Vikings line certainly made strides in 2017, Case Keenum was still the third-most frequently pressured quarterback in the NFL. After investing heavily in it last offseason, their starting five may very well remain status quo heading into 2018. The only likely change is if second-round pick Brian O’Neill can win the starting right tackle job. Based on his 1-on-1 performances at the Senior Bowl though, where he won only 27 percent of his reps, he may not be NFL ready anytime soon.
The Vikings’ O-line is likely to shape up this way (from left to right): Riley Reiff-Nick Easton-Pat Elflein-Mike Remmers-Rashod Hill. But that could change during training camp. Last year the opening day starters were different than any combination during the preseason.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...sive-line/

Sigh. My nagging worry on what could be a great season: the offensive line. 

[Image: worried-man-500.jpg]

Elflein looked good last year, and I thought Reiff was pretty good overall. Easton was missed once he was hurt, but the right side is really poor. Unfortunately doing nothing to upgrade with a real prospect who can play will come back to bite this team in the ass. Hope that Remmers and Hill become top notch players in the next two months.

I think they hit it right on. While the line made strides last season. Case was the 3rd most pressured QB. He made the line better. Not visa versa. This is still a very below average unit. Kirk will need to stay on his toes and ready to move like Case did. 

I don't know...  PFF's biggest blind spot in my opinion is grading offensive linemen.  I never really agree with their grades on the line.

The Vikings starters had the least amount of sacks given up and were near the top in rushing yards per game in the first half the season.  Remmers missed some time with a concussion, Easton got hurt, and Elflein missed some time with a shoulder injury.  I think this line has the potential to be pretty good if we can keep our starting 5 healthy.

[Image: 9j6b8r1kh5g7.jpeg]F PFF!  Wink B)  

Neither is a good portion of the fan base. :/

We have lots of CB's...…. maybe trade Waynes  for a very solid offensive lineman.