Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A young Viking pilgrim in an unholy land.
So my daughter flew from San Diego to Milwaukee today to spend a couple weeks with my wife's folks
They live in Mayville, WI........which I'm told is close to "Beaver Dam". (Naturally)

We were there as a family for Thanksgiving but before her senior year of HS, she wanted to spend some time with them. She texted me while waiting in San Diego..."why does everyone have something "packers" on?"  I texted back....."Name me ANYTHING else you can do there other than the Dells or "Horicon marsh".

before she left I told her "Take a lot of books" we had a good laugh.

she had packed a Vikings T-shirt for the trip

I miss her

Gotta say...Loved going to the Dells though.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Gotta say...Loved going to the Dells though.
Haven't been there in 20 years. Passed through the area several time on the way to Minnesota. A friend went there last year and showed me pictures. Unrecognizable to me. My it's grown. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
So my daughter flew from San Diego to Milwaukee today to spend a couple weeks with my wife's folks
They live in Mayville, WI........which I'm told is close to "Beaver Dam". (Naturally)

We were there as a family for Thanksgiving but before her senior year of HS, she wanted to spend some time with them. She texted me while waiting in San Diego..."why does everyone have something "packers" on?"  I texted back....."Name me ANYTHING else you can do there other than the Dells or "Horicon marsh".

before she left I told her "Take a lot of books" we had a good laugh.

she had packed a Vikings T-shirt for the trip

I miss her
Wait till they go off to college...

Gotta enjoy the grandparents while they're with us, good for you and the wife for sending her up. She's building memories that will last her a lifetime.

I still miss mine and I'm in my 50's

Make sure you de-louse her when she gets back...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Make sure you de-louse her when she gets back...

Honestly, you kind of learn to live with it...  it's not so bad after awhile.

Nearly 40 years in Wisconsin, 8 now in Florida...just getting the last of the stank off now...