Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Association round three - what word pops in the 'ol Grey Matter
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
SB's

That was the norm back in the day...
Don't you mean SB losses was the norm back in the day?  I can't imagine the torture of being on the door step, door is open once again,  and just as you start to walk through it....slam! In your face once again.  I've often wondered how that was from a bills fans perspective after 4 in a row.
Painful yes, but we had a chance to win it all. That's all you can ask. 

I'll take that over 87,98,02,09,2018 every single time. 

I guess I dont know... I was alive for a few of those loses,  but my recollection is a little fuzzy .... (you know... the 70s, right?)  but after feeling the pain of these championship loses,  and the fact that we are no  longer the sole team with the most SB loses... I think I would rather keep losing the championship games than to get to the big game and come up short once again.  I know it probably sounds stupid as hell,  but in my mind its better to wonder what if,  than to find out and be disappointed once again on a grander scale.

Ten

I don’t get the Tarkenton hate. I loved watching him play.  He played tough for a man of his stature. I will always be a Tarkenton fan.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
Ten

I don’t get the Tarkenton hate. I loved watching him play.  He played tough for a man of his stature. I will always be a Tarkenton fan.
Hate is a strong word....disdain maybe?

Here is a Viking legend that wants nothing to do with the team except when it benefits him.  Look at 09....nobody hears boo shit from fran until the team is locked for the playoffs and he has a book to sell...suddenly he is Mr Viking once again.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
Ten

Here is a Viking legend that wants nothing to do with the team except when it benefits him.  Look at 09....nobody hears boo shit from fran until the team is locked for the playoffs and he has a book to sell...suddenly he is Mr Viking once again.
I remember him saying that he didnt think Favre was a good fit, or something like that, when Favre came to town.
Kind of hard to be around after saying something like that.

Unless it’s someone like Sharper, I still like most players who were once Vikings.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
Ten

I remember him saying that he didnt think Favre was a good fit, or something like that, when Favre came to town.

Unless it’s someone like Sharper, I still like most players who were once Vikings.
he wasnt around before Favre... he only came back around in 09 because the team was making the national spotlight and he was pimping a book or some such shit IIRC.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
Ten

he wasnt around before Favre... he only came back around in 09 because the team was making the national spotlight and he was pimping a book or some such shit IIRC.
If I remember correctly, he was asked when the Vikings got Favre what he thought. It may have been the middle of the year, but whatever, you aren’t going to change my opinion about liking him or not.
He hasn’t done anything to me personally, and he seems to embrace the Vikings organization a bit more now. 
I’m 55 years old, I did and said stuff that rubbed people the wrong way when i was younger. But, as I have aged I have tried to lighten up a bit, and see things from a different prospective. Maybe that’s why sometimes people make better grandparents, than parents. They mellow a bit with age.

I have to agree with Arrogant.