Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barr- WHY?
Maybe our front office wants to see a different player or simply see more versatility out of a guy that needs to be paid. I don't think putting his hand in the dirt is going to shift other teams opinions much. And if he actually gets after the QB, then hey, we aren't looking at paying just a hit or miss LB.

Anthony Barr just went public saying at this point a contract extension is on the VIKINGS. If some of us are kinda up in the air about him as a player, it's not too far-fetched to believe the team wants to see more out of him before making a decision.

Perhaps Zimmer is keen on a wishy-washy front office stance on paying/retaining Barr and wants to put him in a position to keep him around.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:

Anthony Barr just went public saying at this point a contract extension is on the VIKINGS. 
I'd guess that this means he gave him the price he wouldn't go below, and the Vikings currently value him below that.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Maybe our front office wants to see a different player or simply see more versatility out of a guy that needs to be paid. I don't think putting his hand in the dirt is going to shift other teams opinions much. And if he actually gets after the QB, then hey, we aren't looking at paying just a hit or miss LB.

Anthony Barr just went public saying at this point a contract extension is on the VIKINGS. If some of us are kinda up in the air about him as a player, it's not too far-fetched to believe the team wants to see more out of him before making a decision.

Perhaps Zimmer is keen on a wishy-washy front office stance on paying/retaining Barr and wants to put him in a position to keep him around.
Would love to see this in print somewhere.  Do you have a link?